In the Fall of 2017, the Extended Studies team updated our mission statement.
Promoting universal learning and growth through the facilitation of relevant experiences.
- The Spring Course Catalog is live!! Click here to register.
- Are you a teacher interested in online professional development credits available? Check out iLearn Collaborative.
- Are you a teacher excited about the Summer Teacher Institute? We have a list of courses offerings. Check it out now and check back often as we add more courses.
- Do you need to register for the Purposeful Play taught by Jennifer Kennedy? Click here to register. Registration closes on January 31, 2018.
Winter Speaker Series
The Extended Studies Department is happy to present the Winter Speakers Series again at the Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum.
Please join Dr. Duane Vandenbusche on 6:30pm on February 16th for the history of The Famed North Country of the Gunnison Region from Gothic to Marble including the silver camps of Oh Be Joyful, Pittsburg, Schofield, and Crystal. The presentation also covers Gothic: "the city of silver wires," East Maroon and Yule Passes, and the town of Marble, famous for providing the stone for the Lincoln Memorial and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Early day skiing, highlighted by legendary Al Johnson is covered as well.
This is an RSVP event. Cost is $10 per person. Payment in the form of cash or check is accepted at the door. If you prefer to pay by credit card, please contact the Extended Studies department in advance for payment. Beer and wine available for a cash donation to a Vandenbusche scholarship. Click here to RSVP.
- Advanced Expedition - Ecuador, ROE 397; May (exact dates TBD)
- Summer Study in Italy, COM 397 or ART 397; May 21 - June 21, 2018
- City as Text: Prague, HNRS 397; May 21 - June 1, 2018
- Maya Archaeology Field School in Belize, ANTH 197 or ANTH 469, May 20 - June 13, 2018
- London: Literature, Art, and Artifact, ENG 510; June 15 - June 26, 2018
- Trek to the Himalayas of India Course, ENVS 397; May 20 – June 12, 2018
Share your interest with friends and family:
- Get more information about the program.
- Schedule a campus visit so you can meet professors, see the beautiful Gunnison Valley, and find out if Western is the perfect school for you.
- Start the online application process -apply online now.
- Find scholarships, grants, or financial aid that match your interests and situation.