National Student Exchange
The National Student Exchange (NSE) program provides opportunities for you to study at another college or university in the U.S., U.S. territories and Canada! You can be on exchange for up to a year paying in-state tuition! Check out all the amazing locations and programs of study here!
Western Colorado University has an application process that includes the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Full-time enrollment at Western Colorado University the semester prior to exchange
- Completion of 24 Western credits prior to exchange
- Cumulative 2.5 GPA (4.0 scale) or better at time of exchange
- Good standing (academic, disciplinary, and financial)
- Degree seeking student
*Note: You must meet with the NSE Coordinator twice before the deadline to be considered for exchange.
What do I need to do to participate?
First meet with the NSE Coordinator for instructions on how to get started. For outgoing students, please call Kris Gayer at 970.943.7056 to set up an appointment. You can begin the application process using the NSE Checklist and viewing exchange options online at the NSE website.
There is a $250 non-refundable application fee due upon submission of your application.
Application Process and Deadlines
You can obtain an application from the NSE office, located in the Academic Resource Center, Taylor Hall 302. Submit your application, with a $250 non-refundable application fee, and schedule a meeting to complete the application process.
- Application: Pick up an application in the NSE Office (Academic Resource Center, Taylor Hall 302.) Application needs to be turned in to Kris Gayer, NSE Coordinator.
- Deadline for applications for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 is March 2, 2019. Late placements may still apply with limited availability.
- Mandatory Meeting: There will be a mandatory meeting for all students who are accepted to participate in the NSE program.
For more information email Kris Gayer at firstname.lastname@example.org.