WSCU Work-study Information
Are you interested in finding a job at Western State Colorado University? WSCU employs many students. In fact, almost every department on campus hires student workers. This webpage will give you information about WSCU's work-study program and will answer some of the questions you may have.
HOW DO I FIND A WORK-STUDY JOB AT WESTERN STATE COLORADO UNIVERSITY?
- Learn what kind of work-study you were awarded and print your
contract by logging into your MyWSCU account at the
following link: http://www.western.edu/inside/students. Then follow these steps:
- Click on Student and Financial Aid
- Click on Financial Services and Billing
- Click on My Eligibility
- Click on Student Requirements
- Click on Award by Aid Year
- Select 2012-2013 Academic Year then Submit
- Click on your work-study contract to print
- Check our work-study listings here:
- Once you find a position that interests you, follow the instructions to apply.
- Feel free to ask departments directly if they have any work-study positions available, not all departments on campus list open positions on this website.
- Once you have a completed the contract please turn it into the Financial Aid Office located in the lobby level of Taylor Hall Suite L2 .
- If you are a new student employee you will need to provide your
passport or an original copy of your social security card or birth
certificate and your driver’s license.
WHAT IS FEDERAL/STATE WORK-STUDY?
The Federal/State work-study program provides funding for undergraduate students with financial need, allowing them to work on campus. Check with Financial Aid to learn about your work-study award.
TYPES OF WORK-STUDY
- Federal Need-based—Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible.
- State Need-based—Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible.
- Institutional—Not need-based—Open to all WSCU students.
Your Financial Aid award letter will indicate what type of work-study you have been awarded. If you have additional questions about this award or to be placed on a waitlist to receive work-study funding, please contact Financial Aid.
HOW MUCH MONEY CAN I EARN?
Your work-study wages will be at least the current federal minimum wage.
HOW WILL I BE PAID?
As an undergraduate, you'll be paid by the hour. WSCU pays student workers on the 25th of each month via check or direct-deposit into your checking account.
CAN I WORK AS MUCH AS I WANT?
No. The amount you earn can't exceed your total Federal/State work-study award, nor can you work more than 20 hours per week if you are enrolled as a student at Western State Colorado University.
WHAT IS THE VERIFICATION PROCESS REQUIRED FOR WORK-STUDY ?
You will need to provide your original social security card, driver’s license, birth certificate, or a passport. Student employees will also be required to complete a W-4 at the time of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS:Please contact the LEAD Office in University Center 118, 970.943.2469 or email Sara Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kyle Waller with Financial Aid at email@example.com.
Western State Colorado University is an equal opportunity educator and employer.