Strategic Communications Specialist
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- Marketing & Media Relations
- Taylor Hall 314
- Name: Brian Barker
- Phone: 970.943.3038
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of work study: Federal/State
- Wages/salary: $8.50
- Number of Position Openings: 2
- Hours per week: 10
- Schedule: M-F, varies depending on schedules
Do you like to write? Do you like people? Work for Western’s Office of Marketing & Media Relations! This unique position puts work-study students in the position of generating important content for Western’s strategic communications platforms.
A Strategic Communications Specialist works with the Director of Marketing & Media Relations to interview faculty, staff, students and alumni about items of interest and write stories, photograph events on and off campus, and contribute content to Western’s press releases, website and social media accounts. Successful applicants will be comfortable with interviewing, writing, and tight deadlines..
- Comfortable with interviewing skills, writing under deadline pressure and a basic understanding of public relations.
- Interested? Send Brian Barker an email (email@example.com) stating why you're interested, or give a call to set up an appointment (970.943.3038).