DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Paul Wright Gym 220
- Name: Garrett Finke
- Phone: 970.943.2831
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of work study: Federal/State
- Wages/salary: $8.75
- Number of Position Openings: 1-2
- Hours per week: 4-10 - varies from week to week depending on athletic schedule
- Schedule: Nights and weekends - dependent on home athletic schedule
The Athletics Statistician will be responsible for in-game scoring for home athletic events (football, volleyball, wrestling, soccer and basketball). The successful applicant will be required to be familiar with NCAA rules relevant to statistics, have an attention to detail and maintain focus for an extended period of time. The statistician will also need to be able to work under the pressure of an athletic contest.
The statistician will start with practice opportunities before moving to supervised guidance and eventually independent scoring.
- Have a working knowledge of NCAA rules. A NCAA statistician manual will be provided for assistance.
- Qualify for federal or state work study, or be willing to volunteer.
- Experience in statistics, or high school or college playing experience, is preferred but not required.
- Fast typing skills and knowledge of shortcut keys are preferred, but not required.
- Ability to learn StatCrew programs.
- Contact Western State College Sports Information Director Garrett Finke at (970) 943-2831 or at email@example.com. Prospective students can also apply in person at Paul Wright Gym 220, but it is recommended to make an appointment before stopping by.