ARC-Peer Academic Leader
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- Academic Resource Center
- 302 Taylor Hall
- Name: Katie Miller
- Phone: 970.943.3216
- Email: email@example.com
- Type of work-study: Federal/State/Institutional
- Wages/salary: $9.5
- Number of Position Openings: 4
- Schedule: TBD
- Hours per week: 5-10
- A Peer Academic Leader will assist with the mission and daily duties of the Academic Resource Center. They will focus on planning and implementing beneficial programs for Exploratory students and freshmen in search of declaring a major and/or achieving academic success. They will serve as student mentors, workshop facilitators, peer advisors and provide front office coverage for the ARC. PALs will help students problem-solve academic issues, provide resource referral and assistance when using DegreeWorks and MyWSCU accounts.
- GPA of 3.0 or above, sophomore/junior/senior standing, good public speaking, communication and interpersonal skills, self-driven, strong work ethic, responsible, dependable. The applicant must be able to work with professional staff and be a good team player.
- If interested, please download and fill out the attached application, or come by the Academic Resource Center to pick up a copy. Once filled out, please return to Katie Miller with a copy of your resume and two WSCU staff or faculty references.