University Center Event Policies and Procedures
The rules of conduct of Western State Colorado University will apply. The University Center Director of Operations or authorized personnel shall have the right to order any person in violation of the policies and procedures to leave the building. WSCU security personnel may be used to enforce policies and procedures.
· Activity must be confined to designated space.
· Activity must stay within time granted for occupancy and not extended without permission of University Center representative.
· Furniture and equipment property of University Center shall not be removed from space.
· Western State Colorado University and the University Center shall not be held responsible for any goods and materials brought in by event planner or outside contractors.
· Individuals, groups and organizations will be held accountable for any damages or losses occurring during or resulting from individual conduct or group activity in the University Center. The amount of assessment will be in terms of actual cost of repair or replacement.
· The University Center Reserves the right to deny any activity or equipment usage that may cause damage to facility.
· Meeting space must be left in the same condition it was found. A cleaning fee of $25/hr. will be assessed for any extensive cleaning beyond standard service.
· No stapling or tacking of linens or decorations to fixtures or furnishings including tables.
· No banners, placards or other materials may be attached to walls, ceilings or floor.
· Glitter and confetti are not permitted.
· Candles are not permitted unless fully contained and with permission.
· All personal decorations must be removed immediately following the event. No personal items/equipment shall be left overnight unless permission has been granted and arrangements have been made in advance.
· A/V equipment available when reserved in advance; other requests upon approval.
· Additional fee may be assessed for any A/V support beyond standard service provided.
Smoking and Alcohol:
· Smoking is not permitted within 30 feet of building.
· Alcohol beverages are prohibited in all areas of the University Center, with the exception of services authorized under approved permits and liquor liability insurance for special event functions.
· Sodexo America, LLC is the exclusive caterer for all events hosted at the University Center.
· Please contact Sodexo at (970) 943-2005 or email email@example.com to make arrangements for catering service.
Solicitation and Vendor:
· Any individual or group interested in solicitation or vending activity must submit a reservation request for approval by the University.
· The Solicitation and Vendor areas are limited to the 1st floor lobby area adjacent to the Information Desk, the 2nd floor area in front of Rare Air Café and the South Patio of the University Center.
· All individuals or groups shall be limited to 2 days per month or 8 times per academic year in order to maximize access to the limited available space.