Sustainability Action Committee
The mission of the Sustainability Action Committee is to improve environmental awareness, stewardship of natural resources, and resource efficiency at Western State Colorado University through implementing the goals of Western’s Environmental Charter.
Please contact the members of the Sustainability Action Committee for information on how to get involved.
- Brooke Moran (Chair) Professor of Recreation and Outdoor Education
- Julie Feier: Interim Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Operating Officer
- Gary Pierson: Vice President of Student Affiars
- Heather Orr: Professor of Art History and Chairs' Representative
- Sara Phillips: (Outreach & Education Sub-committee Chair) Director of Student Engagment and Orientation
- Jonathan Coop: Assistant Professor of Biology and Environmental Studies
- Jon Coady: Sodexo Food Service Director
- Sally Romero: Director of Westerners in Transition, Director of Multicultural Affairs
- Terry Schliesman: Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Michele Parenti: (Secretary) Academic Affairs Administrative Assistant
- Janice Welborn: Director of Sponsored Programs and Grants
- Jason Carmichael: Associate Athletic Director - Operations and Compliance
- Justin Santorno: Student Sustainability Coordinator
- Sarah McClernan: Student Sustainability Coordinator
- Saren Yater Wallace: Student Sustainability Coordinator, Student Government Association and Sustainability Coalition Representative, Sociology major and Environmental Studies minor
- Nathan King: Facilities Services
Our mission is to provide outreach and education for a sustainable community through student empowerment, communication, learning opportunities, community outreach and from using existing campus facilities and infrastructure as tools to promote sustainability education.
Members: Sara Phillips (Chair)