March 7, 2012
March 7, 2012
I. Roll Call
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Approval of Agenda
IV. Guest Speaker
a. Ed Klein (8:15 pm):
V. Action Items
VI. Discussion Items
a. Fan Bus Bill: Sponser Rodney, fan busses that went to Pueblo last week. We had the most fans present of any team.
i. We have $3250 in bill money
ii. The money was original taken from the reserve currency.
iii. Why did we not use our van?
1. We did take 1 western van
2. It’s hard to reserve vans in such short notice to take 56 students
3. One of the fees we pay as students in intercollegiate sports, and should have been covered in student fees.
a. Speak to that a little bit. Those fees are at all schools with NCAA, and sports are under budget and the money from student fees is wrapped up tight.
4. What happens if we keep winning?
a. If we get on the winning side of the ball, then we can plan for this in the future.
5. What about spending money for off-campus activities, this was a debate.
6. If we didn’t reimburse them, would they be less likely to do this event in the future?
a. I can’t necessarily answer to that.
7. Athletics picked up the cost of the home games as well, since it was not a free event to students under RMAC
VII. Advisor Report
a. Advising begins next week.
VIII. Senator Reports
Erika: Amigos is hosting a black light dance tomorrow night at 9pm in the ballroom
Nicole: Movie night on Tuesday the 13th, “Last Samurai” 6:30pm
Walker: Optional fee for wind credits, petition to start by Friday.
IX. Committee Reports
· Election Committee needs to get together, start applications right after spring break, due April 6th voting the week of the 9th online, appointed positions April 20th and interviews the following and the week before finals people will know their position.
· 21+ event wants to open up ticket sales, anyone when you are doing office hours please sell tickets, check ID’s as you sell tickets.
X. Advisory Reports
· Sarah: tomorrow at 7pm Philosophy Intersections in Taylor 228, March 16th next board meeting
· Nick: Faculty housing was discussed, and the only question for your constituents, when we have fields, we have to have lights on them at all times, do we need lights on the fields?
· Haleigh: Keep the SGA office clean, please! The Tuesday before school starts we are looking at ways to market and get students involved, since the event happens before school begins.
· Grace: Great budget presentations. Remaining bill money is $3,252.73.
· Meg: second week of play at 7:30 in Taylor theatre tomorrow, Friday and Saturday as well.
· Blake: Wrestling at Nationals Fri and Sat at 8am, T&F at nationals
· Mark: Club fair next Friday the 16th in the college center 230-330
· Travis: Volleyball started last night, and we know have over 600 players online and played the 1006th game last night.
· Hayden: Skiier cross and border cross, hockey playing CU here on campus
· Elijah: Last Friday we had to cancel our weekend event. We are trying to reschedule him for the week after spring break.
· Noah: Next week we have our lake powell trip
XI. Special Topics
XII. Remarks for the Good of the Order
Erika-Clue is having a meeting tomorrow at 1 at MadJacks
Dinner at the Trough 6pm
XIII. Late Roll Call