January 11, 2012
Discussion Agenda for January 11th, 2012
I. Roll Call
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Approval of Agenda
IV. Guest Speaker
V. Action Items
· Urban Gaming Club Approval Request: Put on human vs. zombies, between 30-50 students participate. They want to form a club since they want to continue this program. Invite schools on campus 200-250. May hold a zombie 5k. Trying to do a lot of urban games on campus. Most of the stuff is outside, any time of the year, any time of the day.
o Motion to approve gaming club (Rodney)
§ Senators in favor vs. opposed (13/13)
VI. Discussion Items
VII. Advisor Report
· The LEED office is doing a leadership training this spring 6 sessions. The cabinet has approved a second year live on in the residence halls for retention, and also added a first year experience, and a 5 day orientation before school starts, one session rather than 4. Post WRAP events on bulletin boards. Second year live on will be required for incoming freshman for Fall 2012. They are lowering housing costs to make it more competitive. They have been talking about allowing pets in the residence halls.
VIII. Senator Reports
· Adam: I put second year live in on Facebook and prospective students said they would reconsider.
· Erika: On Tuesday next week MLK celebration at 7pm in Taylor Auditorium, speaker coming.
· Rodney: Students I spoke to about the live in requirement has not been positive.
· Walker: Take the name change survey on the website closes January 20th.
IX. Committee Reports
X. Advisory Reports
XI. Special Topics
XII. Remarks for the Good of the Order
XIII. Late Roll Call