October 13, 2010
Minutes for October 13, 2010
I. Roll Call
· Jamie, Sabret, Angie, Stephanie, Brian
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Approval of Agenda
IV. Guest Speaker
V. Special Topics
VI. Advisor Report
· Flu shots tomorrow, Thursday October 14 at the health center and they are asking 20 dollars for adults. Campus cleanup is next Thursday before family weekend (11-3) at the College Center and Friday is the preview day and club fair.
VII. Committee Reports
· Budget: We had a meeting tonight and we discussed the 3 bills. I made the correction on last month’s pay period.
· Senator Chair: had first curriculum meeting. Physics is trying to change the amount of credits on some classes.
· Student Affairs: We want to bring in a speaker to talk about healthy friendships and relationships. In the past she has come for free, but this year they might want to allocate her a small stipend for a place to stay and gas.
· Constitution: We are constantly editing it and will have one to vote on by April.
VIII. Advisory Reports
· Noah: We have a wilderness trip and kayaking trip this weekend. The climbing club is going to Indian creek and we are fully supporting them
· Sabret: SAC is still working on our fundraising. The W mountain run is on Saturday. Football will be at Ft Lewis. Volleyball is here this weekend (3 games). Cross country will be in Kansas.
· Elijah- None
· Stephanie- Make sure Student Affairs meets and comes up with a number about the new bill.
· Angie- absent
· Travis: Floor hockey starts next week.
IX. Executive Reports
· I got an email from cb news about FAP- anything pressing you all have to say about that? SGA is in support of what western decides. We don’t like that tuition has to raise but we want Western to still be able to offer what it does. SGA will be reactive to what happens in the state. Politics club Halloween bake sale oct 29 from 845 to 1230 in front of Kelley. Memorial- technology and democracy.
· Jesse: October 14- Higher Education Strategic Planning Steering Group will be meeting in the S Ballroom from 4-6pm. October 19th APEC and NASC will be hosting their Sushi Night in S Ballroom from 6-8 pm. October 20th ?? October 21 Joe Garcia wil be coming to the college center N ballroom from 11-12. October 27 Amigos Day of the Dead
· Lauren: SGA honor code- we will follow regulations and we all need to read and sign. We are moving retreat to January 22-23. Noon to noon.
· Grace: $4498.16 for rest of year. I have been trying to work with WRAP to put together ideas for safe partying. We want to encourage friends to take care of their friends. Wristbands- think drink. Safe Rides number on beer pong balls. “Beer Responsible.” Sober Social Light- sober in an effort to drive and take care of people who may need it. I have a meeting with Katie at 4 pm on the 26th. If you want to come with Lauren and I that would be appreciated. WRAP is bringing a prescription drug awareness Monday the 8 of November.
· Lauren: I have been working together with students to get non alcohol events on campus.
X. Senator Reports
· Rachel: none
· Brian: none
· Ciera: none
· Austin: Press committee can manage the SGA Facebook page.
· D’Andre: Noah and I have a meeting with City Market to do a Thanksgiving thing for all firefighters for helping out the family with the loss
· Walker: none
· Chris: link e-brary on website to look up online books- check your area of study to see if it is user friendly and if it has good info. Email him your response before next meeting at email@example.com
· Nick: none
· Sam: none
XI. Discussion Items
· Jam-Olantern bill
· Jordan Kennedy: We have the pavilion rented out. Sugahs will be catering the event and will give a certain percentage to the farmers market.
· Austin: What have you guys done for advertisement?
· Jordan: We have been on the radio and we are putting up posters provided by Program Council. The $200 we are asking for will be to reimburse PC.
· Grace: How will you encourage the community to go?
· Jordan: Word of mouth, and it is family weekend. We have the event posted in the family. We are in family weekend pamphlet. I have talked to a lot of people and they are excited.
· Lauren: We will have a budget meeting next week and senators will vote at the next SGA meeting.
XII. Action Items
· Longboard bill
· Budget committee recommends $201which is half the proposal
· Motion to vote on full allocation: yes:7 no:5
· $402.50 will be reimbursed to Program Council
· Motion fails Austin points out it must be a 2/3 majority vote
· Ciera motions to vote to allocate half the money
· Yes: 5 opposed: 7
· Ciera: I thought that most of our constituents wanted to allocate all the money.
· Austin motions to allocate all money
· Yes: 8
· Skate your Face Off bill
· Budget committee recommends to allocate all money
· Devon motions and D’Andre 2nds
· Bill passes
· Paintball bill
· Budget committee recommends to allocate full amount
· Walker motions and D’Andre seconds
· Walker motions to allocate $200
· $200 passes
XIII. Remarks for the Good of the Order
· Jesse: Last night at the city council meeting they went over the budget. Come speak to me if you are interested in what they said.
· Lauren: Send me an email if you cannot come to a meeting.
XIV. Late Roll Call
· Jamie, Sabret, Angie, Stephanie, Brian