November 3, 2010
Minutes for November 3, 2010
I. Roll Call
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Approval of Agenda
· Take Rail Jam off Action Items
IV. Guest Speaker
V. Special Topics
· Reminder of Robert’s Rules: Lauren: We want to run smooth meetings so please raise your hand if you have something to discuss.
· Library Coffee: Grace: Chris, can you talk to Charlie Remy about possibly putting a coffeemaker in the library? Maybe charge ato make the library some money?
VI. Advisor Report
· Tomorrow is the last day to withdraw from a class so talk to your advisor if you need to.
VII. Committee Reports
· Budget: The budget committee recommends that you allocate all $250 to the Bouldering in the Valley bill.
VIII. Advisory Reports
· Athletics Ambassador :Sabret: Football has a home game Saturday, volleyball has their last 2 games this Friday and Saturday at 7 and cross country is at Regionals in New Mexico.
· Inter Club Council: Jamie: We have the budget problem fixed and back to normal.
· Wilderness Pursuits: Noah: We are doing a survey about the field house. We are offering prizes that students can be entered to win if they fill out the survey online. SENATORS put this on your board!
· Program Council: Elijah: We have another comedian Eddie Ifft coming December 2 at 7 pm in the South ballroom.
· Angie: November 4 is Worde Horde open mic night at Mochas at 7 pm. November 18 is the BFA art convocation at 12:30 in Quiggley and if a meeting at 5 pm in Keating for those interested in theater. We are wondering
· Student Affairs: Stephanie: Flu shots and STD clinic coming soon. Should both be on boards already.
IX. Executive Reports
· Sarah: Tell me your input for the field house and let students know they can as well!
· Jesse: There was not a city council meeting last night and if you want Tamales find an Amigos member to buy some from!
· Lauren: none
· Molly: none
· Grace: Internal is $5899.45 and bill money is $12,363.50
X. Senator Reports
· Haleigh: none
· Ciera: Charlie Remy wanted me to ask you all if we thought students would be interested in a library number that students could text if they had questions about the library. Talk to your constituents and let me know next week.
· Devon: none
· Brian: none
· Richard: Amigos Day of the Dead dance and Haunted House went really well.
· Megan: none
· Austin: none
· D’Andre: Amigos dance Thursday November 18.
· Walker : none
· Chris: none
· Nick: none
XI. Discussion Items
· Men’s hockey bill: Megan
· Austin: How are you guys going to change your reputation?
· We want to show this on and off this rink. We want to give the fans an exciting game, but with good sportsmanship and conduct.
· Devon: The money we allocate comes from the students, how will this benefit the students?
· We want to make hockey more popular and give students something to do.
· Ciera: Why so many socks?
· We asked for red and white ones to go with our home and away uniforms, but we would be just fine with only red socks.
· Noah: What will you do if we do not allocate the funds?
· We will not be able to afford any of this and will just play in all our own gear that doesn’t match.
· Sarah: What kind of fundraising have you done or will you guys do?
· We have a big ice fishing tournament in January and we will be doing a hockey tournament.
XII. Action Items
· Bouldering in the Valley
· Devon motions to vote on all $250
· D’Andre seconds
· All in favor motion passes
XIII. Remarks for the Good of the Order
· Elijah: A student is concerned that the students’ voice is not being heard relating to the new field house.
· Sarah: I will be in the SGA office everyday this week from 8am to 10 pm (not during class) to be available for students to voice their opinion.
XIV. Late Roll Call