November 17, 2010
Minutes for November 17, 2010
I. Roll Call
· Sabret, Nick
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Approval of Agenda
IV. Guest Speaker
V. Special Topics
VII. Discussion Items
VIII. Action Items
· Shred Fest Bill
· Grace: The amount changed to $600 and the budget committee recommends to allocate all of the funds.
· Noah: Have you considered cutting down the cost of T-shirts?
· We have thought about it, but are still deciding. Each shirt will have a number on the back and we would like each contestant to get one.
· Ciera: What will you do if not allocated all the money/
· We would cut some prizes.
· Walker: Will people come for the DJ or the rail jam?
· We are expecting 2 big groups of students because many students know of the DJ. This will open the opportunity for more students to come.
· Noah: I was on the free ride team that put on the rail jam last year and we tried to make it as cheap as possible. Can you do this type of event on less money? How much could you cut the budget down?
· We are trying to cut costs as much as we can but a lot of it depends on how much snow we have at the time.
· Devon: Why did you choose the DJ you did and what is the money for?
· We are also trying to help get his name out and the $250 is for his travel and his payment.
· Lauren: You guys got a graphic designer to do your posters, when will they be out?
· Hopefully before Thanksgiving if not the day after we get back for school.
· Devon: We talked at the senate meeting and feel comfortable allocating $350.
· Devon motions to allocate $350
· Haleigh seconds
· 7 for and 4 opposed
· Stipulation: must return receipts from all purchases
· Shelley: Have Terry send me an email about the money.
· $350 passes
· Vote on Secret Santa or White Elephant
· Ciera: Are the festivities occurring at the meeting?
· Yes December 8.
· Secret Santa: 1 White Elephant: everyone else
IX. Advisor Report
· We are looking for people to be on a transfer student panel. January 9 in the afternoon. Email me if you are interested. Night of lights is Friday December 3 and the Chamber of Commerce wants clubs to be a part of it. Does SGA want to do a sculpture of lights? Let the Chamber of Commerce know. Thanksgiving!
X. Committee Reports
· Curriculum: We had our last meeting and we have the final changes and next semester we will go over them
· Interclub Council committee: our money has not been transferred yet so we haven’t had a meeting yet. We are waiting for approval from Gary Pierson.
· Constitution: You will get the fully updated version soon.
· Program Council Committee: We haven’t had any new applications yet, but the committee is very helpful.
· CCE committee: We had a meeting with Top of the World and are trying to find a better way to represent student voice. We would like a senator as the liaison. Press Committee?
· Athletics Committee: We discussed the exit survey for graduated athletes.
· Sustainability: Still working on bike racks.
· Smoke Free Campus: Monday at 7 pm in the SGA office we will have a meeting. Colorado Mountain College has a completely smoke free campus.
· Press Committee: We are still considering “Toilet Talk” starting next semester.
· Library: I meet with Charlie tomorrow. Students think text questions for the library are unnecessary.
XI. Advisory Reports
· Travis: Dodgeball starts tomorrow night and we have 29 teams signed up so far. Floor hockey is also going on.
· Jamie: We met with MMA club and they are very on top of their stuff and will be coming to a meeting soon. Boxing club will be coming to me soon as well.
· Noah: last night we had a free snowboard and ski clinic and it sold out in one hour. Next week we have a trip going to Moab.
· Elijah: We have a comedian coming December 2 at 7:00 in the ballroom. Casino night went really well.
· Angie: November 18 is poetry slam at 7 pm at the GAC and you can still sign up to compete. Also, the jazz ensemble is at 7:30 in quigley and at 5 pm in Keating the theater interest group is meeting. November 30 is the flute choir concert at 7:30 . December 3 and 4 are the student directed One Act plays.
· Stephanie: I need a senator to write a hockey bill. Chris volunteers.
XII. Executive Reports
· Sarah: The rec center and field house survey was made and will be up until Monday at noon and get everyone to do it. You will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate to City Market. December 9 at 7 pm in the college center is a student forum about the field house and rec center. Come present and talk and tell others about it. Senators put this on your boards! There are rumors circulating about faculty not listening to students, but this is untrue. The faculty wants to hear the students’ voice! Politics club is showing the movie City of God in Kelley 116 at 7:00 pm tomorrow night.
· Jesse: College night out dance tomorrow night in ballroom. Christmas tree coming December. Anyone involved in Partners or have kids under 5 there is a program for free books. The mayor asked if anyone is interested in being on a committee working on the new community library. If you are interested, come talk to me.
· Lauren: Professor Molly Mugglestone.
· Molly: none
· Grace: Vandenbusche’s history of WSC tomorrow 5:30-6:15 in the ballroom
XIII. Senator Reports
· Haleigh: Cool clothes Hot Fashion on Friday night $4 to get in.
· Rachel: none
· Ciera: none
· Devon: open gym volleyball will be moved to Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-9:30
· Brian: none
· Rachel: none
· Megan: none
· D’Andre: Come to the Amigos dance and buy tamales!
· Walker: Ski and snowboard movies December 1 in the ballroom at 7:15
· Chris: none
· Nick: none
· Sam: none
XIV. Remarks for the Good of the Order
· Thank you for your support in the Climbing Competition we had over 200 people and 77 competitors.
· Sarah: Mens and womens cross country traveling to Nebraska this weekend.
XV. Late Roll Call
· Sabret, Nick