February 9, 2011
Minutes for February 9, 2011
I. Roll Call
· Devon, Austin, Walker, Jesse, Sarah
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Approval of Agenda
IV. Guest Speaker
V. Special Topics
VI. Advisor Report
· Happy Valentines day! Counselor visit is this Friday in the college center.
VII. Committee Reports
· Rage in the Sage: We had a meeting today and talked more with Jennifer and Keith and we want to have a meeting to inform students about it. We will have a campaign of Tshirts and Facebook. If you have questions or anyone else does refer them to us.
· Jamie ICC: We have 2 bills, alpine ski and rugby will be meeting Monday at 2 and 2:30 if you can come please do.
· Ciera Convocation committee: We had some people come asking for money
· Academic policies- We met last Thursday and 5 education students petitioned to walk in May and they denied it so they may come back and challenge it again. If you ever do an internship you need to fill out the paper work and bring it back to the school.
· Constitution: We have a meeting this Sunday at 6 pm.
VIII. Advisory Reports
· Lauren: We were able to get more information about the Mesa summit and if you are interested come talk to me-it will be the 3 day weekend of February 18, 19, and 20. We are looking for a 13th senator so talk to people and hand out applications.
· Molly: There is a valentines dance Saturday night at the Fred Field Center and Peace Out club is handing out cookies at the nursing home Sunday.
· Grace: Paul Edwards wanted to say thank you for allocating the money. One Acts open tonight! Put this on your boards. Sex toy party Monday at 7. I need receipts if you have purchased anything recently.
· Jesse: The ice skating rink incident happened and 61 people ended up with carbon monoxide poisoning. They are fixing the motors and will have alarms now. All city council members will write a letter to mesa to petition name
· Sabret: We had a SAC meeting last night and we are wanting to put an event on with WRAP and with someone in the ESS class. This will be a fundraiser for Make a Wish. Basketball is away this weekend and wrestling is home tonight and tomorrow night. Track and cross country are at Air Force.
· Travis: Basketball will be going on for a couple more weeks and soccer starts February 22.
· Jamie: I have tried contacting the dance team and archery club will hopefully be contacting me soon.
· Noah: This past weekend was great next weekend is cross country skiing and the ice climbing wall event is this Saturday 10-2am and 6-8pm and you all should come!
· Elijah: we have our preliminary Springfest posters made and they will be going up soon. Talk to your clubs about doing events for Springfest and let me know. Winterfest is next week!
· Angie: Mountaineer Media has a new show. It's called KBB7700 (Keating Basement Broadcast, altitude) and is posted on youtube and their website. They are looking for comedy and sketch material for a show similar to the daily show with John Stewart. The Beckett One Acts open Feb 9th, run W, TR, F, S at 7:30 and a matinee on Saturday. Tickets are $5 for students and $10 for faculty. Art Convocation is Thursday February 10 at 12:30 in Quigley, featuring BFA graphic design and photography. Thurs February 10th will be WordHorde's bad poetry/drag night at the Wine Bar at 7:00 pm. There is a recital that Thursday the 10th at 7:30 in Quigley featuring Becky on flute and Martha Violett on piano. Also, we talked more about the direction for Top of the World next year. Basically, because the CALL department is cutting the Journalism minor, it is no longer in the budget to pay for an advisor for the newspaper. Since there will not be any courses, there is no faculty pay. This creates a problem because we want to have a form of leadership to help advise the Top, we just don’t know how yet. Top, CALL, CCE and whoever else is interested is looking for solution. Megan and Sarah were at the meeting, so they may be able to answer questions.
· Stephanie: none
X. Senator Reports
· Haleigh: none
· Ciera: 30 counselors are coming from all around the state.
· Devon: We have posters put in your boxes so please hang them up.
· Megan: none
· Austin: none
· D’Andre: none
· Walker: Free ride competition in CB soon.
· Chris: Next Wednesday WRAP will be hosting casino night from 6:30pm until whenever, and we are offering prizes and first place prize is an ipod. Inception tonight at 8 pm in the ballroom.
· Nick: none
· Shayna: none
· Alan: none
· Anders: none
XI. Discussion Items
XII. Action Items
XIII. Remarks for the Good of the Order
· Stephanie: Womens hockey is playing away this weekend.
Lauren: come talk to me now if you are interested in summit
XIV. Late Roll Call
· Jesse, Sarah