October 20, 2010
Minutes for October 20, 2010
I. Roll Call
· Brian, Sam, Travis
II. Approval of Minutes
III. Approval of Agenda
IV. Guest Speaker
· Kirky and Ryan: I just wanted to thank for the funding. It was a very good conference we were lucky to be there. It was international and we learned a lot to bring back to campus. Thank you!
V. Special Topics
· Todd Barber: I am here to ask for more printing pages. I have 50 and it is only half way through the semester. I am taking 16 credits and I would like 200 more pages.
· Motion to give 200 extra pages to Todd
VI. Advisor Report
· Shelley: Has anyone signed up for RAVE, the text or email system if there is an emergency? We really need to get students to sign up for this. getrave.com Senators put this in your board. Wednesday October 27 from 10-1 in the North room in Aspinall Wilson Center asking for student feedback on new apartment complex. Preview day is this Friday and we would love SGA’s presence at the club fair. W mountain tour and High Country tours are on Saturday. You guys are all invited to the pancake breakfast at 9 am at Webster Hall. Tuesday October 26 at 1:00 to1:45 pm will be Anger Management in the South Ballroom.
VII. Committee Reports
· Budget: We met today and discussed the Jam Olantern bill and suggest to allocate all $200. We over budgeted for salaries, so we have a little over $2000 back into our budget. We have $12,500 left in bill money $7000 in internal budget.
· Press: We are trying to get bills more available to students and hear more of their feedback. We would like to run commercials on the TVs in the College Center and on the radio, bathroom news reader, Facebook page, incentives for voting, online confidential polling, white board in SGA office.
· Sustainability: We would like to see more details about bike racks.
VIII. Advisory Reports
· Sabret: SAC meeting last night and we decided that we are going to do a dodgeball tournament for Make a Wish Foundation and Gatorade pong for our own fundraiser. Football is home this Saturday at 1:00, volleyball has 2 away games away and cross country has their home meet this Saturday.
· Jamie: Club fair this Friday from 2:45-3:15. My committee for this please meet with Jamee Case on the second floor of the College Center. My budget is messed up so we will be figuring that out. Clubs will be coming to SGA for bills soon.
· Noah: We are sending out 4 trips this weekend; 2 climbing and a hike and a mountain bike trip. People can start signing up this Friday from noon to 6 pm.
· Elijah: Friday is Jam Olantern concert from 6-10pm in Legion Park featuring The Big Motif, Race to Neptune, and Iola. Saturday is Skate Your Face Off competition from 12:00-6:00 at the skate park. Splatter fest is also Saturday October 23 at Crimson Field.. Program Council will have inflatables from 11am-2 pm on Saturday during the family BBQ. At 7pm on Saturday, comedian Jeff Civillico will be in the south ballroom.
· Angie: tomorrow is worde horde costume party 7 pm alien. Faculty recital at 730 on Tuesday. Oct 28 is choir concert at gunni high. Oct 28 is opening of play resilience goes thru nov 5.
· Stephanie: sponsored a bill for $500 to bring in speaker for active minds. Oct 28 from 6-8 or 12-2. Oct 26 6-730 QPR training (suicide prevention). We need more women hockey players.
IX. Executive Reports
· Sarah: On October 28 at 7 pm will be a lecture in the ballroom put on my politics club. October 29 starting at 8:45 am Politics club will be having a bake sale outside Kelley.
· Jesse: Last night the city council meeting was just a workshop. Joe Garcia will be here tomorrow at 11:15 in this room. Saturday Associated Students of Colorado will be in Alamosa this from 9am-5pm if you want to go.
· Molly: Please bring a list of times and places of events.
· Lauren: Wear your new shirts to club fair this Friday.
· Grace: None
X. Senator Reports
· Haleigh: I need one more senator for the curriculum committee and one for the athletic committee.
· Ciera: None
· Devon: None
· Brian: None
· Richard: Day of the Dead dance put on by Amigos is October 27. 8-9 pm is the informative section and 9-midnight is a dance. Dress up if you want and there will be prizes! Haunted house is the 29 and 31 in Chipeta basement.
· Megan: None
· Austin: None
· D’Andre: City Market cannot sponsor the firefighter dinner at all. We will need to come up with other ideas.
· Walker: Mens and Womens soccer play at home this weekend; men at 3 and women at 1.
· Chris: None
· Nick: None
XI. Discussion Items
XII. Action Items
· Jam-Olantern bill sponsored by Devon
· Budget committee recommends we allocate all $200 back to Program Council to sponsor bill
· Devon motions to vote
· D’Andre seconds
· 12-0 Motion passes
XIII. Remarks for the Good of the Order
XIV. Late Roll Call
· Travis, Sam