Western Work-Study Information
Are you interested in finding a job at Western State Colorado University? Western employs many students. In fact, almost every department on campus hires student workers. This webpage will give you information about Western's work-study program and will answer some of the questions you may have.
If you are looking for more career-related positions or would like career counseling, please contact the Career Services Center
located within the Academic Resource Center (ARC)
. Career Services
will be able to help you begin or brush up your resume/cover letter and assist you with your interviewing skills. If you are interested in taking your academic career to another level, they can also help you begin the process of applying to graduate school. You may contact Career Services
at 970.943.7122 or visit them in Taylor Hall 302.
HOW DO I FIND A WORK-STUDY JOB AT WESTERN STATE COLORADO UNIVERSITY?
- Learn what kind of work-study you were awarded and print your contract by logging into your MyWestern account at the following link: http://www.western.edu/inside/students. Then follow these steps:
Note: If you are not able to find a contract, you are not eligible for a Federal or State work-study position. However, in this situation, you are eligible for Institutional work-study and your employer will print a contract for you.
- Click on Student and Financial Aid
- Click on Financial Services and Billing
- Click on My Eligibility
- Click on Student Requirements
- Click on Award by Aid Year
- Select 2013-2014 Academic Year then Submit
- Click on your work-study contract to print
- Check our work-study listings here:
SEARCH ON CAMPUS WORK-STUDY JOB LISTINGS HERE
- Once you find a position that interests you, follow the instructions to apply.
- Feel free to ask departments directly if they have any work-study positions available, not all departments on campus list open positions on this website.
- Once you have a completed the contract please turn it into the Financial Aid Office located in the lobby level of Taylor Hall Suite L2 .
- If you are a new student employee you will need to provide your passport or an original copy of your social security card or birth certificate and your driver’s license.
WHAT IS FEDERAL/STATE WORK-STUDY?
The Federal/State work-study program provides funding for undergraduate students with financial need, allowing them to work on campus. Check with Financial Aid to learn about your work-study award.
TYPES OF WORK-STUDY
Your Financial Aid award letter will indicate what type of work-study you have been awarded. If you have additional questions about this award or to be placed on a waitlist to receive work-study funding, please contact Financial Aid.
HOW MUCH MONEY CAN I EARN?
- Your work-study wages will be at least the current federal minimum wage.
HOW WILL I BE PAID?
- As an undergraduate, you'll be paid by the hour. Western pays student workers on the 25th of each month via check or direct-deposit into your checking account.
CAN I WORK AS MUCH AS I WANT?
- No. The amount you earn can't exceed your total Federal/State work-study award, nor can you work more than 20 hours per week if you are enrolled as a student at Western State Colorado University.
WHAT IS THE VERIFICATION PROCESS REQUIRED FOR WORK-STUDY ?
- You will need to provide your original social security card, driver’s license, birth certificate, or a passport. Student employees will also be required to complete a W-4 at the time of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS:
Please contact the LEAD Office in University Center 118, 970.943.2469 or email Sara Phillips at email@example.com
or Kyle Waller with Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org
Western State Colorado University is an equal opportunity educator and employer.