LEAD (Leadership, Engagement, and Development)
The LEAD Office’s purpose is to create and provide leadership development opportunities and actively engage our students into the Western State Colorado University and local community. Our office provides students with opportunities for direct participation in activities involving their academic, emotional, physical, spiritual or career-related development.
WSCU HAS INVOLVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU....
Leadership and service opportunities at Western encourage the development of student leadership potential and help provide future leadership for Western State College and the Gunnison community. Our objectives include:
- To help connect WSCU students with their campus and community, based on YOUR interests.
- To gain knowledge of self as a person and as a leader.
- To identify and discuss opportunities for leadership at Western State Colorado University, and to utilize college resources as a "learning laboratory" for leadership development.
- To better understand leadership communication.
- To better understand the process of change and goal attainment.
- To explore how diversity offers opportunities and challenges for leaders of the future.
- To help serve the campus and local community.
Check out all that WSCU has to offer. Download your own copy of the WSCU Resource Guide
The LEAD Office also maintains support for annual programs such as Orientation, Senior Reception, Family Weekend, Week of Welcome and Community Clean-up, as well as promoting other service learning opportunities.
LEAD OFFICE STAFF: