Accepted Transfer Students
Discover Your MyWestern Account
- Visit the Current Student page to access financial aid information, check your student email and learn more about class registration. Your Student ID number will be your username (stu######).
- Your password will come to you in a separate envelope from Information Technology Services shortly after you receive your acceptance packet. To receive a new password, contact IT Services.
- Information on how to access your credit evaluation will be emailed to you from Registration Services.
- Evaluations are typically mailed one to two weeks after you receive your acceptance.
Secure Your Financial Aid
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. Western’s school code is 001372.
- Check the status of your financial aid and scholarships and accept/modify/decline student loans through your MyWestern Account. Financial Aid awards will be available beginning:
- Fall Admits: March 15, 2015
- Spring Admits: November 1, 2014
- Visit Western's Financial Aid Tools page for additional Financial Aid resources.
Submit Your Residence Life Materials
- There are three steps:
1. Visit western.edu/reslife, beginning May 18, to complete the housing applications and lifestyle-preference questionnaire.
2. Pay the $100 housing deposit through your MyWestern account by selecting Student & Financial Aid Menu > Pay Bill or Tuition/Housing Deposit > Items for Purchase, Housing Deposit. You may also pay your deposit by check (payable to "Western State Colorado University"), or credit card by contacting the Cashier's Office at .
3. Select your residence hall by visiting western.edu/reslife, beginning June 17.
Confirm Your Enrollment
- Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may confirm your enrollment and reserve your spot in the in-coming class by submitting your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes. You can submit your deposit through your MyWestern account by selecting Student & Financial Aid Menu > Pay Bill or Tuition/Housing Deposit > Items for Purchase, Tuition Deposit. You may also pay your deposit by check (payable to "Western State Colorado University"), or credit card by contacting the Cashier's Office at . It is recommended you submit your tuition deposit by:
- Fall Admits: June 1, 2015
- Spring Admits: Dec. 1, 2014
Register For Classes
- For details and registration instructions, please visit the Academic Resource Center’s website. Class registration for new transfer students will begin:
- Fall Admits: May 1, 2015
- Spring Admits: Nov. 1, 2014
Complete Think About It Course
- If you are under the age of 21 when classes begin, you will receive an email (to your Western email address) from Campus Clarity with a link to an online program called "Think About It". This is a required course that examines the interconnected issues of hooking up, drug and alcohol abuse, sexual violence and healthy relationships through the lens of self-reflection and social justice. We believe you will find the assignment educational and entertaining; it's interesting, engaging, informative and was created with students for students. You will not be able to receive your Mountaineer ID Card without having completed the course, so it is important that you set aside time (about 3 hours) to complete the program.
Get Ready For Orientation
- All new students entering Western are required to participate in the New Student Orientation program, which is designed to meet your specific needs. You will be automatically signed up for Orientation after you register for classes and will receive a confirmation email with additional details. Orientation will be held on:
- Spring Admits: Spring Orientation, Saturday, Jan. 10 beginning at 2pm.
- Fall Admits:
- If you are over the age of 21 and are transferring to Western with 24 or more credits, you will attend Transfer & Non-Traditional Student Orientation, which will be on Friday, Aug. 21, 2015 from 1pm to 5pm.
- If you have 23 or fewer credits and are under the age of 21, you will attend Freshman Orientation, which begins on Wednesday, Aug. 19. This program is 5 days long.
- If you are 21 or older and entering Western with less than 24 credits, you will choose between the two programs. The Orientation Office will contact you to discuss your options after you register for classes.
- Learn more and sign up at www.western.edu/orientation.
Send Immunization and Selective Service Records
- These forms will be emailed to you after you register for classes. Colorado law requires students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine.
- You can find the forms under Student Affairs.
Submit Your Final Official College Transcripts
- You must send your final official college transcripts to the Admissions Office so a final transfer credit evaluation can be completed.
Get Your Books
- Sign up for the Books-To-Go Program at wscubookstore.western.edu or pick up all your books during your first week of classes at Western's Bookstore located in the University Center.
Pay Your Tuition Bill
- You will receive a paper billing statement by mail.
- Fall Admits: If you register after July 15, you will not receive a paper bill and must check your balance online. Adding/dropping classes and changing housing or meal plans MAY affect your account balance. Check your current account balance through your MyWestern Account after making any changes.
- Payment is due in full on or before the first day of classes unless you set up a W-Pay Payment Plan.
- Pay your bill and enroll in e-Refund online through your Inside Western Account.
- Colorado resident students: authorize your COF stipend through your MyWestern Account.
- Contact the Cashier’s Office with questions on your billing statement.
Move On To Campus
- Incoming transfer students will be able to move into their residence hall on:
- Fall Admits:
- One Day Orientation: Friday, Aug. 21, 2015 9 am to noon
- Five Day Orientation: Wednesday, Aug. 19, 2015 9am to 3pm
- Spring Admits: Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015 10am to 2 pm
- Fall Admits:
Other items to consider
- If you are planning to request disability-related accommodations and/or services, please complete the Disability Services Request Form.
- Contact the Academic Resource Center at 970.943.7056 with any questions about this process.
- Official college transcripts, and/or AP or IB scores must be sent to the Admissions Office in order to receive credit.
- You will receive a formal evaluation of these credits via email three to four weeks after submitting them to Western.
- Have these documents sent to: Admissions Office, 600 North Adams Street, Gunnison, CO 81231.
- All high achieving and motivated students are welcome to join the Honors Program. Students with a 3.5 GPA or above will receive a formal invitation.
- This is a 21 credit program that works with your major and minor to create an experience where students develop various social and academic skills.
- For more information on this program, contact the Honors Director, Dan Cress, at 970.943.3007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Western on Facebook
- To join the Facebook app exclusively for current and prospective Western students, log on to your Western Email Account to find your personal invitation.
Westerners in Transition (WIT)
- The WIT program provides additional services for adult learners and non-traditional students.
- For more information, check out the WIT page or contact the WIT Director, Sally Romero, at 970.943.2150.
Important Phone Numbers
|Academic Resource Center||970.943.7056|
|Residence Life Office||970.943.2101|
|Student Affairs Office||970.943.2011|
Fall class registration for new students opens: May 1, 2015
First day of fall classes: Monday, Aug. 24, 2015
Thanksgiving Break (no classes): Nov. 23 - 27, 2015
Fall Final Exams: Dec. 14 - 17, 2015
First day of spring classes: Monday, Jan. 11, 2016
Spring break (no classes): March 21 to 25, 2016
Finals week: May 3 to 6, 2016
Spring Commencement: May 9, 2015 / May 7, 2016