Accepted Transfer Checklist
Activate Your MyWestern Account
- Activate your MyWestern account using your Student ID (stu######). Your Student ID number will be your username. Follow-up emails during the activation process will be sent to the email address you applied with.
- Once activated, you can access your MyWestern through the Western Current Students page. MyWestern is where you view financial aid information, DegreeWorks, class registration dates and much more!
- For questions on the Account Activation process, contact the Admissions Office at 970.943.2119 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: your Western student email is not available until after the class registration process.
- Transfer credit evaluations take place 1-3 weeks after you are accepted. You will receive an email notifying you that your evaluation has been completed and is now posted to your DegreeWorks profile.
- For questions on the Transfer Credit Evaluation process, contact the Registrar's Office at 970.943.7003 or email@example.com.
Secure Your Financial Aid
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. Western’s school code is 001372.
- Fall 2017 Admits: FAFSA Application open- October 1, 2016
- Priority deadline for 2017 academic year- March 1, 2017
- Fall 2017 Admits: FAFSA Application open- October 1, 2016
- Check the status of your financial aid and scholarships and accept/modify/decline student loans through your MyWestern Account. Financial Aid awards will be available beginning:
- Fall 2017 Admits: Mid-March, 2017
- Visit Western's Financial Aid Tools page for additional Financial Aid resources.
- For questions on the Financial Aid process, please contact the Financial Aid office at 970.943.3085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirm Your Enrollment
- Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may confirm your enrollment and reserve your spot in the in-coming class by submitting your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes. You can submit your deposit through your MyWestern account by selecting Student & Financial Aid Menu > Pay Bill or Tuition/Housing Deposit > Items for Purchase, Tuition Deposit. You may also pay your deposit by check (payable to "Western State Colorado University"), or credit card by contacting the Cashier's Office at 970.943.3003.
- Note: Tuition deposits are only necessary for your first semester at Western.
Submit Your Residence Life Materials
- There are three steps:
1. Pay the $100 housing deposit through your MyWestern account by selecting Student & Financial Aid Menu > Pay Bill or Tuition/Housing Deposit > Items for Purchase, Housing Deposit. You may also pay your deposit by check (payable to "Western State Colorado University"), or credit card by contacting the Cashier's Office at 970.943.3003.
2. Visit housing.western.edu, to complete the housing housing contract and lifestyle questionnaire.
- Fall 2017 Admits: application available March 8, 2017
3. Select your Living Learning Community by visiting housing.western.edu.
- Fall 2017 Admits: selection available April 5, 2017
- For questions on the housing process, contact the Residence Life office at 970.943.2101 or email@example.com
Register For Classes
- For details and registration instructions, please visit the Academic Resource Center’s website: western.edu/registration. Class registration for new transfer students will begin:
- Summer 2017 Admits: February 27, 2017
- Fall 2017 Admits: May 1, 2017
- After you are registered for classes, you will be given access to your Western email account.
- Note: Your transfer credit evaluation must be completed before you can begin the registration survey.
- For questions on the registration process, contact the Academic Resource Center at 970.943.7056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Think About It Course
- Before the semester begins, you will receive an email from Campus Clarity with a link to an online prevention education program called "Think About It." This is a required course that examines the interconnected issues of hooking up, drug and alcohol abuse, sexual violence and healthy relationships through the lens of self-reflection and social justice. We believe you will find the assignment educational and entertaining; it's interesting, engaging, informative and was created with students for students. You will not be able to receive your Mountaineer ID Card without having completed the course, so it is important that you set aside time to complete the program.
- For questions on Think About It, contact the Office of LEAD and Orientation at 970.943.2469 or email@example.com.
Get Ready For Orientation
- New Student Orientation is required for all new students to Western. All transfer students will attend some type of Orientation session. This program will consist of important information about Western and the Gunnison community. Students will be automatically signed up for this program when they are registered for classes and will receive a confirmation email with additional details. Learn more about the program on the New Student Orientation page.
- Fall 2017 Admits under the age of 21 and/or with less than 24 credits: August 16-20, 2017
- Fall 2017 Admits over the age of 21 and/or with more than 24 credits: August 18, 2017
- For questions about Orientation, contact the Office of LEAD and Orientation at 970.943.2469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send Immunization and Selective Service Records
- These forms will be emailed to you after you register for classes. Colorado law requires students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine. If you live on-campus proof of meningococcal vaccine or waiver is required.
- You can find the forms on the Student Affairs webpage. Forms can be faxed to 970.943.2254, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to the address on the Student Affairs webpage.
- If immunization records are not complete by registration for your second semester, a hold will be placed on your account and you will not be able to register.
- Missing items will appear on your checklist when you log in to MyWestern.
- For questions about these documents, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 970.943.2011 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your Final Official College Transcripts
- You must send your official, final college transcripts to the Admissions Office so a final transfer credit evaluation can be completed.
- For questions on sending transcripts, contact the Admissions Office at 970.943.2119 or email@example.com.
Get Your Books
- Sign up for the Books-To-Go Program at bookstore.western.edu or pick up all your books during your first week of classes at Western's Bookstore located in the University Center.
- For questions on textbooks, contact the Bookstore at 970.943.2156.
Pay Your Tuition Bill
- You will receive a paper billing statement by mail.
- Adding/dropping classes and changing housing or meal plans MAY affect your account balance. Check your current account balance through your MyWestern Account one business day after making any changes.
- Payment is due in full on or before the first day of classes unless you set up a W-Pay Payment Plan.
- Pay your bill and enroll in e-Refund online through your Inside Western Account.
- Colorado resident students: authorize your COF stipend through your MyWestern Account.
- For questions on your billing statement, contact the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Move On To Campus
- Incoming transfer students will be able to move into their residence hall on:
- Fall 2017 Admits attending 5 day orientation program: August 16, 2017 from 8 AM- 1 PM
- Fall 2017 Admits attending single day orientation program: August 18, 2017 9 AM- 4 PM
- For questions on moving to campus, contact the Residence Life office at 970.943.2101 or email@example.com.
Other items to consider
- If you are planning to request disability-related accommodations and/or services, please complete the Disability Services Request Form.
- For questions about this process, contact the Academic Resource Center at 970.943.7056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All high achieving and motivated students are welcome to join the Honors Program. Minimum requirements for transfer students are to have a 3.5 GPA or higher and at least two years to finish at Western.
- This is a 21 credit program that works with your major and/or minor to create an experience where students develop various social and academic skills.
- For questions on this program, contact the Honors Director, Dr. Kelsey Bennett, at 970.943.7021 or email@example.com.
Western on Facebook
- To join the Facebook app exclusively for current and prospective Western students, log on to your Western Email Account to find your personal invitation.
Westerners in Transition (WIT)
- The WIT program provides additional services for adult learners and non-traditional students.
- For more information, check out the WIT page or contact the WIT Director, Jessica Vogan, at 970.943.2891.
Important Phone Numbers
|Academic Resource Center||970.943.7056|
|Residence Life Office||970.943.2101|
|Student Affairs Office||970.943.2011|