Accepted Transfer Students
Discover Your MyWestern Account
- Visit the Current Student page to access financial aid information, check your student email and learn more about class registration.Your Student ID number will be your username (stu######).
- Your password will come to you in a separate envelope from Information Technology Services shortly after you receive your acceptance packet. To receive a new password, contact IT Services.
- Information on how to access your credit evaluation will be emailed to you from Registration Services.
- Evaluations are typically mailed one to two weeks after you receive your acceptance.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- As a transfer student, you are reviewed for scholarship opportunities at the time of admission. Check out more information on Western’s transfer scholarships.
- If you haven’t done so already, please file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see if you qualify for financial aid opportunities. Western’s school code is 001372.
Confirm Your Enrollment
- Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may confirm your enrollment and reserve your spot in the in-coming class by submitting your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes. You can submit your deposit by check or by credit card by contacting the Cashier's Office at (970) 943-3003. Please make checks out to "Western State Colorado University". It is recommended you submit your tuition deposit by June 1, 2014.
Register For Classes
- As a transfer student, the Academic Resource Center must register you for classes during your first semester at Western. You will receive an email from the Academic Resource Center with contact information for your advisor so you can schedule a phone registration appointment.
- For more details and registration instructions, please visit the Academic Resource Center’s website: western.edu/registration.
- Fall class registration for new students will open on May 1, 2014.
Get Ready For Orientation
- Western offers an optional one-day Transfer & Non-Traditional Student Orientation designed to meet your specific needs. This program is encouraged, though not required, for new students entering Western with 24 or more credits. This program will be offered Friday August 22.
- Learn more and sign up at www.western.edu/orientation.
Send Immunization and Selective Service Records
- These forms will be emailed to you after you register for classes. Colorado law requires students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine.
- You can find the forms under Student Affairs.
Submit Your Final Official College Transcripts
- You must send your final official college transcripts to the Admissions Office so a final transfer credit evaluation can be completed.
Get Your Books
- Sign up for the Books-To-Go Program at wscubookstore.western.edu or pick up all your books during your first week of classes at Western's Bookstore located in the University Center.
Pay Your Tuition Bill
- You will receive a paper billing statement by mail in July. If you register after July 15, you will not receive a paper bill and must check your balance online. Adding/dropping classes and changing housing or meal plans MAY affect your account balance. Check your current account balance online through your MyWestern Account after making any changes.
- Payment is due in full on or before the first day of classes (August 25, 2014) unless you set up a W-Pay Payment Plan.
- Pay your bill and enroll in e-Refund online through your MyWestern Account.
- Colorado resident students: authorize your COF stipend through your Inside Western Account.
- Contact the Cashier’s Office with questions on your billing statement.
Other items to consider
- If you are planning to request disability-related accommodations and/or services, please complete the Disability Services Request Form.
- Contact the Academic Resource Center at (970) 943-7056 with any questions about this process.
- Official college transcripts, and/or AP or IB scores must be sent to the Admissions Office in order to receive credit.
- You will receive a formal evaluation of these credits via email three to four weeks after submitting them to Western.
- Have these documents sent to: Admissions Office, 600 North Adams Street, Gunnison, CO 81231.
- All high achieving and motivated students are welcome to join the Honors Program. Students with a 3.5 GPA or above will receive a formal invitation.
- This is a 21 credit program that works with your major and minor to create an experience where students develop various social and academic skills.
- For more information on this program, contact the Honors Director, Dan Cress, at (970) 943-3007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Western on Facebook
- To join the Facebook app exclusively for current and prospective Western students, log on to your Western Email Account to find your personal invitation.
Westerners in Transition (WIT)
- The WIT program provides additional services for adult learners and non-traditional students.
- For more information, check out the WIT page or contact the WIT Director, Sally Romero, at (970) 943-2150.
Important Phone Numbers
|Academic Resource Center||(970) 943-7056|
|Admissions Office||(970) 943-2119|
|Cashier’s Office||(970) 943-3003|
|Financial Aid||(970) 943-3085|
|IT Services||(970) 943-3333|
|Orientation Office||(970) 943-2469|
|Residence Life Office||(970) 943-2101|
|Student Affairs Office||(970) 943-2011|
Fall class registration for new students opens: May 1, 2014
New students move into residence halls: Tuesday August 19 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Freshmen Orientation: Tuesday August 19 - Sunday August 24, 2014
First day of fall classes: Monday August 25, 2014
Parent Weekend: October 24-26, 2014
Spring break – no classes: March 23 - 27, 2015
Finals week: May 5 - 8, 2015