- ESS 210-213: Skill Development & Analysis
- ESS 350: Instructional Assessment in Physical Education
- ESS 392: Methods of Secondary Physical Education
- ESS 353: Health & Physical Education in Elementary School
- ESS 490: Sociology of Sport & Physical Activity
- ESS 495: Senior Seminar in Exercise and Sport Science
Dr. Kinkema joined the faculty at Western in 1998 after six years as a faculty member in Exercise & Sport Science at Pfeiffer University in North Carolina. Dr. Kinkema’s professional and scholarly interests are in sociocultural sport studies and physical education pedagogy. She is passionate about ensuring social justice in physical activity and sport settings as well as in the role of physical activity in lifelong wellness. Her physical activity passions include road biking, ice hockey, hiking, skiing, canoeing, and pickleball. Dr. Kinkema served as Chair of the Recreation, Exercise & Sport Science Department from 2009-2015; she joined the staff in Academic Affairs in 2015.