Classes Taught at Western (2014-2015):
- POLS 117: Introduction to Political Ideas
- POLS 180: Introduction to American Politics
- POLS 250: Politics of the Environment
- POLS 255: Introduction to Comparative Politics
- POLS 300: Constitutional Law I
- POLS 397: Political Economy
Research and Teaching Interests:
- Anti-Authoritarian Social Movements
- Democratic Theory and Practice
- Environmental Politics, Extractive Industries, and Food Systems
- The Political Economy of Capitalism, Neoliberalism, and Globalization
- The State and the Politics of Non-State Peoples
Working at Western is a dream come true and I am thrilled to call this beautiful area home! You’ll often find me exploring the Gunnison Country’s vast public lands on foot, bike, or skis – frequently with my dog running along.
I am also a devoted short-season vegetable gardener and passionate about cooking with locally-sourced ingredients. One of my great joys in life is spending hours in the kitchen, turning home-grown food into a rich – and, inevitably, really spicy – home-cooked meal.