WSC to Host College Goal Sunday, Feb. 13; Event offers free help for applying for financial aid
Jan. 31, 2011 -- Western State College of Colorado (WSC) will host College Goal Sunday, a national program that helps families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Free help from financial aid professionals for filling out the FAFSA will be available from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 13 in the Borick Business Building, Room 113.
The FAFSA must be completed for a student to receive any type of financial aid, including grants, work study, student loans and many scholarships.
In order to complete the FAFSA, attendees (students and parents) should bring the following information with them:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license
- 2010 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- 2010 records of untaxed income such as Social Security benefits, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare or veterans benefits
- 2010 bank statements
- 2010 business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your Personal Identification Number, or PIN, to electronically sign the FAFSA. If you do not have a PIN you can register for one at www.pin.ed.gov. A PIN allows you to electronically sign your FAFSA for faster processing. You may also apply for a PIN at the College Goal Sunday event.
For more information on College Goal Sunday, visit www.collegegoalcolorado.org.
The partners of College Goal Sunday include Colorado Association of Financial Aid Administrators (CAFAA), CAFAA – Past Presidents, CollegeInvest, College In Colorado, Colorado Department of Higher Education, Regis University, Dilley Printing and LUMINA Foundation for Education.