Spread the good news:
Western offers a private university education at a public university value, deep in the heart of the Rockies. We deliver a full, four-year liberal arts curriculum with graduate programs. But we're much more than that. With small classes and an intimate environment, professors help handcraft your education to fit your interests and prepare you for a career. And Western delivers all of this at one of the best educational values in the state of Colorado.
With 2,400 students on a gorgeous campus surrounded by a boundless mountain laboratory, our undergraduate students have opportunities to perform research that most large universities reserve for graduate students.
2013 Incoming Freshman Class Profile:
- Middle 50 percent — high school GPA of 2.8 to 3.6; ACT of 19 to 24.
- Average Colorado Index — 10.
- Gender balance — 46 percent female, 54 percent male (the highest percent of female students in Western history).
- Total Non-White — 23 percent; Hispanic and multi-race comprise 16 percent of the student body (the most diverse class in Western history).
Rankings for 2013/14:
- Forbes — “America’s Top Colleges” included Western among the Top 100 in the West.
- Business Insider — ranked Western among "America’s Smartest Colleges."
- Washington Monthly — ranked Western a 2013 national liberal arts college.
- US News & World Report — included Western among "10 Colleges Where Merit Aid is Most Common."
- GI Jobs — Listed Western as a "Top Military Friendly School."
- Mountain Bike Action Magazine — Included Western among "Top 10 Colleges for Mountain Bikers."