On Sept. 13, 1911, the North Hall (the original building of what is now Taylor Hall) opened for classes, kicking off what was then named the Colorado State Normal School, originally a preparatory college for teachers. The school officially became Western State College of Colorado in 1923 when the mission expanded to offering four-year liberal arts and sciences degrees.
Taylor Hall just underwent a $21 million renovation, which included the addition of a grand “Welcome Center” at the south entrance.
This event is free and open to the public. Appetizers will be served by the College’s partner, Sodexo Campus Dining. No RSVP required. Tours will start in the Welcome Center at the south entrance to Taylor Hall.