Western's Mountaineer Field House opened March 28th. The Mountaineer Field House is Western's newest facility on campus, featuring:
- A 65,000 square-foot Field House (with trusses as wide as the wingspan of a Boeing 777).
- A high-tech surface, indoor NCAA track (the highest in America).
- Three basketball courts.
- Three group fitness rooms.
- Three multi-purpose courts.
- Three volleyball courts.
- A 43.5-foot climbing wall with 3,114 square feet of climbing space (designed by Entre Prises).
- A 6,038-square-foot Athletic Weight Room.
- A 5,844-square-foot Fitness Center.
- An in-ground trampoline and foam pit (for freeski training, play and more!).
- A batting- and golf-practice cage.
- A hot tub and pool locker room renovation (already open!).
- A new High-Altitude Performance Lab and Wellness Center with classroom.
Click here to see a slide show of Western's exciting new facility.
Click here to see a slide show of Western Track & Field's first practice in the new Field House.