Homecoming 2013 - The Year of the Mountaineer
GUNNISON, CO – Western State Colorado University kicks off Homecoming Week September 24rd with Wear Your Crimson Day, followed by a full schedule of events that celebrate the Year of the Mountaineer.
Wear your Crimson Day
Wear your Slate Day
Wear your Western Up Gear (any Western gear)
12:30pm Student Body Photo – Taylor Lawn
Mountaineer Look-a-like Day (contenders will walk in the parade and winner gets a prize)
- 3:00pm – Soccer Game Western vs. Fort Lewis
- 4:30 – 7:30pm – KWSB Open House
- 6:00pm -Homecoming Parade- For those interested in participating in the Parade and just want to promote Western Pride, feel free to show up at the University Center Front desk at 5 pm and we have a float you can ride on–everyone is welcome. Depending on how many people show up, you may have to walk so be prepared and wear your crimson (red)!
- 7:00 pm - Volleyball Game Western State vs. New Mexico Highlands
- 8:30pm – Traditional Lighting of the "W"
- 9:00pm - Bonfire behind the football stadium
- 10:30am – 12:30 Homecoming Tailgate Party (South of Mountaineer Bowl) – Live Johnny Kongo Band, BBQ & Beer Garden Sponsored by the Western State Colorado University Foundation & the Mountaineer Athletic Association (While Supplies last for the first 300-400 Fans!)
- 11:00am -Western State Alumni Rugby Game (Whipp Field NW corner of practice fields)
- 1:00pm - Football Game- Western State Mountaineers vs Chadron State College
- 2:00pm - Western State Alumni Lacrosse Game (Whipp Field NW corner of practice fields)
- 8:30pm - Westerners’ Club hosting Homecoming Dance – everyone is welcome! University Center Ballroom
- 7:00pm -Volleyball Game Western State vs. CSU-Pueblo