Mountaineer Alumni Recommendation Scholarship
Mountaineer Alumni Recommendation Scholarship (MARS)
Western State Colorado University Alumni may recommend prospective students who they feel will add to the community of learning and family that is the Western Nation.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Any Western alumnus/a may nominate only one student per academic year to receive the $500 scholarship ($250 per semester).
- The scholarship is good for the first year only and is non-renewable.
- The recommended student must meet university admissions acceptance standards.
- The recommended student must be a full-time undergraduate student, attending Western for the first time.
- The recommended student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.)
- Western employees are eligible to recommend a student, but not to a spouse or dependent receiving tuition benefits.
- The nominating alumnus/a or employee must complete all portions of the online nomination form, which can be found below:
- NOTE: If you don't personally know a prospective scholarship recipient,
we can match you to a prospective incoming freshman at Western if you fill out the Scholarship Match Form.
The Admissions and Alumni Offices will verify the nomination forms before the awarded is given. If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.876.5309.