By applying for enrollment at Western, you are automatically considered for university-funded, merit-based awards. Whether you are from Colorado, from another state, a freshman or a transfer student, your academic achievements can automatically save you thousands of dollars in tuition.
- Program Based Scholarships
- Denver Scholarship Foundation
- Mountaineer Alumni Recommendation Scholarship
Program-Based Scholarships- Through generous donations to the university from our alumni and friends, the following departments offer additional resources to current and - in special cases - incoming Western students. Please check with the specific departments for information on the application process for these awards.
Several scholarship programs utilize the Common Scholarship Application. Please see the "Application" heading under each scholarship listing to determine if the Common Scholarship Application form may be used. Completed scholarship application packets consist of the following:
- Completed Common Scholarship Application Form
- An essay indicating why you are a good candidate for scholarship awards.
- A list of scholarships for which you are applying. For each scholarship listed, you should include a short paragraph addressing how you meet criteria specific to that scholarship.
Deadline to submit completed application packets is April 1, 2016.
Denver Scholarship Foundation-Presidential Scholarship - Each year, starting with the fall 2014 incoming freshmen class, twenty five Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF) scholarship recipients will be eligible for the Denver Scholarship Foundation-Presidential Scholarship at Western State Colorado University. If selected, all tuition and fees at Western will be covered for four years.
Mountaineer Alumni Recommendation Scholarship- Western State Colorado University Alumni may recommend prospective students who they feel will add to the community of learning and family that is the Western Nation.