The College Opportunity Trust Fund (COF) provides a stipend to eligible Colorado residents attending a Colorado public or participating private institution. Students wishing to use COF toward the cost of undergraduate, in-state tuition must:
- Apply for the College Opportunity Fund
- Authorize Western State Colorado University to access the funds on your behalf.
Applying for the College Opportunity Fund
Eligible Colorado undergraduate students must apply, be admitted and enroll at Western or a participating institution. Both new and continuing students are eligible for the stipend.
Authorizing or Declining the College Opportunity Fund
To authorize or decline the COF stipend, log on to MyWestern
- After logging in, go to the "Student Tab"
- Select "Student Records"
- Select "COF Stipend Authorization."
- Select the term you wish to update and click the submit button.
- Check the appropriate box to accept "lifetime authorization" or to decline.
- Click the submit button.