Transferring to Western
- Complete and submit Western’s Online Application.
- Submit the $30 application fee (can be paid online with the online application).
- Submit official transcripts from each college attended sent directly to Western.
- Students who have earned fewer than 24 semester hours of college credit should arrange to have official high school transcripts and ACT or SAT scores sent directly to Western. Students who have completed a GED program should have their results sent to Western.
Optional (If you feel your application may need extra support):
- A personal statement
- Additional letters of recommendation
- A resume
- An interview (if required by department)
Send materials to:Western State Colorado University
600 N. Adams Street
Gunnison, CO 81231
Fax: (970) 943-2363
Western is on a rolling admission cycle. We accept applications throughout the year until our class is full; however we recommend that high school seniors and transfer students apply before the following dates for maximum scholarship consideration.
- June 1, 2014 for Fall 2014 applicants
- December 1, 2014 for Spring 2015 applicants (Application will be available August 15, 2014)
How to Apply
First-Time Applicants: You will need to register for a username and password. A username and password will allow you to stop and resume completion of your application without losing any information already provided. Click here to get started!
Returning Applicants: You can access your application if you already have a username and password. Click here to get started!
Second-Time Applicants: Students who have already submitted an application to Western will need to create a new username and password using a different email address than the email address used in the first application. Click here to get started!
Typically, you will receive your admission decision three-four weeks after we have received all of your application materials. Contact your admissions counselor for additional information. The transfer evaluation takes three-four weeks after being admitted to Western.