Items to Consider before Applying as Non-Degree
- NOLS, Outward Bound and any other outdoor/wilderness education program goes through the Extended Studies department. Please visit their website for details on these programs.
- Non-Degree students can not receive financial aid or merit scholarships
- If you wish to seek a degree at Western for a different academic term, you must re-apply as a degree-seeking student
- Only 12 credits earned as a Non-Degree can be used toward a degree at Western
Please call the Admissions Office if you have any questions about whether the Non-Degree application is right for you.
Application Requirements for Non-Degree Seeking Students
- Complete Western’s Online Application
- Submit the $30 application fee
Please submit any other application materials to:Western State Colorado University
600 N. Adams Street
Gunnison, CO 81231
Fax: (970) 943-2363
Phone: (800) 876-5309 or (970) 943-2119
Western is on a rolling admission cycle. We accept applications throughout the year until our class is full; however we recommend that Non-Degree students apply before the following dates for maximum class availability.
- March 1, 2017 for Summer 2017 applicants
- June 1, 2017 for Fall 2017 applicants
You may check the status of your application anytime by using your self-service application portal. Typically, you will receive your admission decision 1-2 weeks after we have received your application.
Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may confirm your enrollment and reserve your spot in the in-coming class by submitting your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes and sign up for on-campus housing. You can submit your deposit by check or by credit card by contacting the cashier's office at (970) 943-3003.