Accepted Second-Degree-Seeking Student Checklist
Activate Your MyWestern Account
- Activate your MyWestern account using your Student ID (stu######). Your Student ID number will be your username. Follow-up emails during the activation process will be sent to the email address you applied with.
- Once activated, you can access your MyWestern through the Western Current Students page. MyWestern is where you view financial information, DegreeWorks, class registration dates and much more!
- For questions on the Account Activation process, contact the Admissions Office at 970.943.2119 or email@example.com.
- Note: your Western student email is not available until after the class registration process.
- Transfer credit evaluations take place 1-3 weeks after you are accepted. You will receive an email notifying you that your evaluation has been completed and is now posted to your DegreeWorks profile.
- For questions on the Transfer Credit Evaluation process, contact the Registrar's Office at 970.943.7003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secure Your Financial Aid
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. Western’s school code is 001372.
- Fall 2017 Admits: FAFSA Application open- October 1, 2016
- Priority deadline for 2017 academic year- March 1, 2017
- Fall 2017 Admits: FAFSA Application open- October 1, 2016
- Check the status of your financial aid and scholarships and accept/modify/decline student loans through your MyWestern Account. Financial Aid awards will be available beginning:
- Fall 2017 Admits: Mid-March, 2017
- Visit Western's Financial Aid Tools page for additional Financial Aid resources.
- For questions on the Financial Aid process, please contact the Financial Aid office at 970.943.3085 or email@example.com.
Confirm Your Enrollment
- Once you’ve made your decision to attend Western, you may confirm your enrollment and reserve your spot in the in-coming class by submitting your $200 tuition deposit. You will need to submit your deposit before you can register for classes. You can submit your deposit through your MyWestern account by selecting Student & Financial Aid Menu > Pay Bill or Tuition/Housing Deposit > Items for Purchase, Tuition Deposit. You may also pay your deposit by check (payable to "Western State Colorado University"), or credit card by contacting the Cashier's Office at 970.943.3003.
- Note: Tuition deposits are only necessary for your first semester at Western.
Register For Classes
- For details and registration instructions, please visit the Academic Resource Center’s website: western.edu/registration. Class registration for new transfer students will begin:
- Summer 2017 Admits: February 27, 2017
- Fall 2017 Admits: May 1, 2017
- After you are registered for classes, you will be given access to your Western email account.
- Note: Your transfer credit evaluation must be completed before you can begin the registration survey.
- For questions on the registration process, contact the Academic Resource Center at 970.943.7056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send Immunization and Selective Service Records
- These forms will be emailed to you after you register for classes. Colorado law requires students to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. At a minimum, students must have completed the first MMR immunization before classes begin. Medical and religious exemptions are allowed. Students who plan to reside in on-campus housing may also want to consider receiving the meningococcal vaccine. If you live on-campus proof of meningococcal vaccine or waiver is required.
- You can find the forms on the Student Affairs webpage. Forms can be faxed to 970.943.2254, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to the address on the Student Affairs webpage.
- If immunization records are not complete by registration for your second semester, a hold will be placed on your account and you will not be able to register.
- Missing items will appear on your checklist when you log in to MyWestern.
- For questions about these documents, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 970.943.2011 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your Final Official College Transcripts
- If you didn't send final transcripts at the time of application, you must send your official, final college transcripts to the Admissions Office so a final transfer credit evaluation can be completed.
- For questions on sending transcripts, contact the Admissions Office at 970.943.2119 or email@example.com.
Get Your Books
- Sign up for the Books-To-Go Program at bookstore.western.edu or pick up all your books during your first week of classes at Western's Bookstore located in the University Center.
- For questions on textbooks, contact the Bookstore at 970.943.2156.
Pay Your Tuition Bill
- You will receive a paper billing statement by mail.
- Adding/dropping classes and changing housing or meal plans MAY affect your account balance. Check your current account balance through your MyWestern Account one business day after making any changes.
- Payment is due in full on or before the first day of classes unless you set up a W-Pay Payment Plan.
- Pay your bill and enroll in e-Refund online through your Inside Western Account.
- Colorado resident students: authorize your COF stipend through your MyWestern Account.
- For questions on your billing statement, contact the Cashier’s Office at 970.943.3003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other items to consider
- If you are planning to request disability-related accommodations and/or services, please complete the Disability Services Request Form.
- Contact the Academic Resource Center at (970) 943-7056 with any questions about this process.
Western on Facebook
- To join the Facebook app exclusively for current and prospective Western students, log on to your Western Email Account to find your personal invitation.
Westerners in Transition (WIT)
- The WIT program provides additional services for adult learners and non-traditional students.
- For more information, check out the WIT page or contact the LEAD Office at 970.943.2469.
Important Phone Numbers
|Academic Resource Center||(970) 943-7056|
|Admissions Office||(970) 943-2119|
|Cashier’s Office||(970) 943-3003|
|Financial Aid||(970) 943-3085|
|IT Services||(970) 943-3333|
|Orientation Office||(970) 943-2469|
|Residence Life Office||(970) 943-2101|
|Student Affairs Office||(970) 943-2011|