The Foundation Scholars Program
Information for students applying for the Foundation Scholars Program
The Western State Colorado University Foundation, a non-profit corporation established to provide private support of Western State Colorado University, announces The Foundation Scholars Program. The funds for this program are donated to the Foundation by Western alumni, friends, and parents.
- Provide $4,000 to a freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior Western student (one scholarship per class). Students can be resident or non-resident students.
- The Scholarship is renewable for non-seniors:
A. Must maintain a 3.5 grade point average;
B. Must contribute their leadership abilities as a student;
C. Must submit a brief letter outlining these accomplishments;
D. Must maintain status as a full-time student.
Eligible candidates should have a high school, transfer, or Western State Colorado University grade point average of, at minimum, 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. For high school applicants, an accompanying score of 25 or higher is required on the ACT or a score of 1100 on the SAT. Candidates must also demonstrate leadership qualities or experience.
- Send a cover letter or resume citing your qualifications and accomplishments.
- Make sure to include your student identification number in your application.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Official copy of your most recent educational transcript. Incoming Freshmen,
this is a HIGHLY competitive scholarship, please note if your school does not
provide advanced courses (AP, Honors, IB, dual credit, etc.)
- Document ACT or SAT scores if not listed on transcript.
- Any other documentation that would be helpful in evaluating you as a
candidate for this Scholarship.
- Use staples or paper clips only, NO binders.
Applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2013 and should be submitted to:
Western State Colorado University Foundation, Inc.
THE FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM
P.O. Box 1264
Gunnison, CO 81230
The Western State Colorado University Foundation Scholarship Committee will make selections by April 30, 2013. Notification of award recipients will follow shortly thereafter.