Sea State Educational Travel
Welcome to the Sea State program.
Sea State and Western State Colorado University have developed a partnership to provide college credit for Sea State courses. Depending on the course and location, students may earn BUAD, COM, POLS, HIST, ENVS, and SOC special topics credit while they are immersed in global coastal communities.
Once a student enrolls in a Sea State course, credit registration is available through Western Extended Studies. Upon successful completion of the course and assignments due, college credit as approved for each program is awarded.
STEP 1: CHOOSE YOUR PROGRAM AT THESEASTATE.COM
2017 Sea State Programs:
Spain/Portugal - Sustainable Tourism: June 18 - 30, 2017
BUAD 397, 3 credits
New Zealand - Sustainable Tourism: July 9 - 22, 2017
BUAD 397, 3 credits
Bali - Surf Journalism: July 21 - August 12, 2017
COM 397, 3 credits
High School Program
Sri Lanka - Engaged Global Citizenship: July 19 - 29 (TBD), 2017
POLS 397, 3 credits
2018 Spring Semester at Surf Program: January 22-May 11, 2018
(Choose 3 to 12 credits)
HIST 397, 3 credits, Contemporary Issues in Central America
BUAD 397, 3 credits, Sustainable Tourism
ENVS 397, 3 credits, Energy and Environment in Central America
SOC 397, 3 credits Field Research Methods
STEP 2: REGISTER FOR YOUR PROGRAM AT THESEASTATE.COM.
STEP 3: DOWNLOAD CREDIT REGISTRATION PACKET, COMPLETE, AND SUBMIT IT TO WESTERN EXTENDED STUDIES
Download Registration Packet here: Sea State Credit Registration Packet 2017-2018
1. Download, carefully read, and complete the Sea State Course Credit Registration Packet.
2. Select your course (s) in the course listing chart in Section A.
3. Sign and initial all areas in Sections B and C (required).
4. Complete and sign Section D (optional).
5. Carefully review Payment Instructions (Cash, AmeriCorps, or 529 Plan). Make sure the appropriate section is complete. Please note: Financial Aid through Western State Colorado University is not available for Sea State courses.
6. Return Sections B, C, and D to the Extended Studies Office by email, fax, or mail.
7. Keep all other information with you in an accessible place for reference.
IMPORTANT: Registration and payment for credit should be received by our office no later than two weeks before the first day of a course. Incomplete registrations will not be processed. Registrations received less than five business days before the first day of a course are not guaranteed to be processed.
Registration forms and payment may be sent to:
600 N Adams, Taylor Hall 303
Gunnison, CO 81231
Make checks out to: Western State Colorado University