DegreeWorks FAQs

How do I navigate through DegreeWorks?

DegreeWorks contains a lot of valuable information for advising students.  Use this Basic DegreeWorks Navigation PDF to learn the highlights.

Who can use DegreeWorks?

All currently enrolled degree-seeking students can use DegreeWorks.

Can I access DegreeWorks from any computer?

Yes. Access to DegreeWorks is through the Web and your MyWestern account. Anywhere you can log in to MyWestern will allow you access to DegreeWorks. This means you have 24/7 access to DegreeWorks worksheets and audits as well as other account information.

Is my information confidential?

Yes. DegreeWorks is accessed through your secure MyWestern log in.  Advisors, faculty, and selected staff will also have access for the purpose of supporting your progress through your academic career. Your DegreeWorks Audit is part of your Education Record and is protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

As with any other personal information that you access on-line, you should be sure to logout of your account before leaving a public computer.

What is an Audit?

A DegreeWorks audit is a review of past, current, and "planned" coursework required for graduation based on your declared program of study.

Can I see my entire class history in DegreeWorks?

Yes. DegreeWorks uses the information that is current for your transcript. You will be able to view any classes that have been completed or transferred by the date your audit was last refreshed. Additionally, you can view classes that you are registered in. Keep in mind that any transfer work or grade changes that have not been formally submitted and accepted will not appear on your audit.

Under the Audit tab, click on the Class History link for a list of classes taken at Western State Colorado University as well as transfer classes.

Is DegreeWorks the same as my transcript?

No. DegreeWorks is not your academic transcript, nor is it an official notification of completion of degree requirements.

Your transcript is your official college record and can be requested by going to