Work-Study Job: Social Media Coordinator
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- Marketing & Media Relations
- Taylor Hall 314
- Name: Brian Barker
- Phone: 970.943.3038
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of work study: Federal/State
- Wages/salary: $9
- Number of Position Openings: 1
- Hours per week: 10
- Schedule: M-F, varies depending on schedules
Do you spend more time on your smart-phone than your laptop? Do you speak #hashtags, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook? Then this position might be for you. Marketing & Media Relations needs a student who can embed themselves in student life and bring us smart-phone photos and brief posts that help tell the Western story on our social media channels. In this position, you’ll attend campus and community events, classes and more and take photos with your smart-phone. We’ll then work together to determine the most appropriate strategy for sharing the student experience on Western’s official Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts and on western.edu. You will not be using your personal social media accounts for this job. You’ll gain valuable experience in social media strategy and execution.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: Taking photographs and collecting brief information (140 characters!) about student life and strategizing about how to share your experience on Western’s official social media channels. Interfacing with Marketing & Media Relations staff to post content on social media channels. Providing advice about Western’s social media strategy.
- Excellent communication skills, basic photography skills, a friendly, outgoing personality, and comfort interacting in social media. You will not be using your own social media accounts for this position.
- Interested? Send Brian Barker an email (email@example.com) stating why you're interested, or give a call to set up an appointment (970.943.3038).