Work-Study Job: Web Assistant
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION
- Marketing & Media Relations
- Taylor Hall 314
- Name: Brian Barker
- Phone: 970.943.3038
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of work study: Federal/State
- Wages/salary: $9
- Number of Position Openings: 1
- Hours per week: 10
- Schedule: M-F, varies depending on schedules
Are you interested in web design or development? Would you like experience helping to edit and manage a enterprise-level website? We’re seeking the right person to be our web manager’s right hand.
- RESPONSIBILITIES include editing pages on the western.edu Drupal site; helping fulfill, solve and handle web work order requests from across the campus; communicating with university departments and programs regarding site updates and edits; simple graphic design projects, such as creating banner images and cropping photos; helping current web ambassadors (Drupal editors group) with Drupal questions (will train!); posting images and photos to the website; cleaning up content on the website; adding events and other content types to the website.
- Excellent communication, trouble-shooting and research skills; a friendly, outgoing personality, since you will interact with all university departments and programs; some knowledge of HTML; previous experience with a content-management system, preferably Drupal; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop; experience with graphic design; an excellent eye for editing content; and familiarity with formatting text. Attention to detail is a must, as is a great sense of humor.
- Interested? Send Brian Barker an email (email@example.com) stating why you're interested, or give a call to set up an appointment (970.943.3038).