The WP Pass is an optional Membership. For $60/semester you receive discounted trips and free weekend rentals on everything but boats, bikes and backcountry skis/splitboards. Boats and bikes get $5 off the day rate and backcountry skis/splitboards get one day free (ie; weekends for the day rate and weekly rentals for the weekend rate).
Good news for current students: the WP Pass is included in your Campus Recreation fee and will automatically be applied to current students who pay the fee!!
Here's how the free checkouts work (ie, you can't hold onto something all semester!):
Free weekend (2-3 night) rentals on many items:
- Gear checked out Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday is due back Thursday by 1pm.
- Gear checked out Thursday or Friday is due back Monday by 1pm. (Yes, that can be 4 nights. We're nice like that.)
- 4-7 nights will be charged the day rate. 7+ nights are subject to weekend rates and require manager approval
Some items (AT skis and splitboards) are only free for one night/week. Additional nights are pro-rated as follows:
- Weekends (2-3 nights) will be charged the day rate.
- Weekly rentals (4-7 nights) will be charged the weekend rate.
- 7+ nights are subject to additional fees and require manager approval
More fine print:
- Holidays are always an exception. WP will announce holiday rates the week before.
- Returned gear must stay in the warehouse 24 hours before it can be checked out again.
- Late gear will be charged the published daily rate, each day until the gear is returned.
- Damage charges will still be assessed on any items needing repair or replacement. It is your responsibility to note any damage before checking out gear.
- Gear is for personal use only. You may rent for a friend at the normal student rate.
- Pass holders must show a valid Western ID and have paid either the WP Pass fee ($60/semester) or the Campus Recreation fee.
- WP reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, but especially if you are in-over-your-head, intoxicated, aggressive or very impatient. We are a student service and run by students; your respect and patience are appreciated.