Westerners In Transition
Westerners in Transition (WIT) is a campus based program that provides support, encouragement and assistance to non-traditional and adult students at Western State Colorado University.
To qualify for WIT assistance you must be able to answer yes to one or more of the following criteria:
Are you over the age of 25?
Are you married?
Do you have children?
Are you a Veteran?
WIT can provide varied types of assistance depending on your needs as a non-traditional student including but not limited to:
Mentoring and Personal Advising
One on One Support
Campus and Community Resources
Western Faculty and Staff value our non-traditional students and understand the many ways they benefit our campus.
Western professionals report that WIT students posses a greater sense of maturity than most traditional students, as well as a higher motivation to succeed. They have life experience that enriches the classroom for themselves and others, a serious attitude with respect to their education, and an un-paralleled ability to balance their professional, academic, and personal responsibilities.
- WIT Advisor-
- Student Affairs- 970.943.2011
- Student Financial Services- 970.943.3085
- Academic Resource Center- 970.943.7056
- Campus Medical Clinic- 970.943.2707
- Campus Counseling Center- 970.642.4605
- Gunnison County Public Health- 970.641.0209
- Gunnison Watershed School District- 970.641.7770
- Gunnison County Library District- Gunnison 970.641.3485 Crested Butte 970.349.6535
- Center for Mental Health- 970.641.0229
- Gunnison Valley Hospital- 970.641.1456
- Tenderfoot Child and Family Development Center- 970.641.1949
- Gunnison Community and Aquatics Center- 970.641.8060