Student Government Association
Your Voice Will Be Heard
SGA acts as the official voice of the Associated Student Body and protects the rights and privileges of the student body. Our student government is different than many schools because we represent the voice of the student body, we have control over our own student fees.
As the SGA, we would like to better serve the students, and make sure that all students are involved with the decisions that we make. We want your input and your suggestions. So come to meetings on Wednesdays at 7 pm in the South Conference Room to be heard! If you can't make it to meetings, the SGA website is probably the best resource you'll find. If you have any questions, or are having a hard time getting acquainted with Western and/or our organizations don't hesitate to contact us. We've got an open door culture, so come visit the office in the University Center.
- 2014-15 SGA Members
- General Assembly Weekly Agenda
- General Assembly Minutes
- Governing Documents
- 2014-15 Bills
Congratulations to the elected SGA members for the 2014-15 academic year:
- Kathryn (Katie) Roos-President
- Stefano Ballesteros-Vice President of External Affairs
- Scott Bird-Vice president of Internal Affairs
- MK Kasunic-Treasurer
- Luke Verbus-Secretary
- Advisory Committee:
- Lindsay Weaver-Inter Club Council (ICC)
- Nathan Schwartz-Program Council
- John Pruitt-Student Affairs
- Kyle Wiren-Athletics
- Ryan Paull-Club Sports/Mountain Sports
- Amy Davis-Council for Creative Expression (CCE)
- Rachel Francis-Intramurals
- Bryce Weaver-Wilderness Pursuits
- Mia Cordova-Multicultural Center (MCC)
- Mary Virginia Simpson-Residence Life
- Senate Chair: Ben Wright
- Jodie Howard
- Canyon Mueller
- McKenna Sherry
- Alex Alejandre
- Ben Wright
- Kiera Classen
- Jeremy (JP) Pagel
- Marielle Smith
- Lindsay Mota
- Erin Michaelis
- Adam Beede
- James Antley
- Joshua Newcomb
Agenda's for weekly General Assembly meetings will be posted here.
2014 FALL SEMESTER
- September 3
- September 10
- September 17
- September 24
- October 1
- October 8
- October 15
- October 22
- October 29
- November 5
- November 12
- November 19-no General Assembly
- December 3
- December 10
2015 SPRING SEMESTER
Minutes from previous academic years
In summary, the proposed changes to the 2014-15 SGA Constitution included: Anything that outlined the structure of SGA and its operations was kept in the Constitution. Anything that outlined the SGA process was moved to the Bylaws. Also, the Constitution includes the addition of three (3) Ambassadors to the SGA Advisory Committee. These positions are Student Affairs Ambassador, Residence Life Ambassador and Multicultural Center Ambassador. You may review and learn more about the changes here.
In summary, the proposed changes to the 2014-15 SGA Bylaws included: The duties and responsibilities of each position in SGA were made more meaningful and any duties that were not pertinent or relevant were transferred to another position or eliminated. Three ambassador positions were added, which include 1) Multicultural Ambassador, 2) Residence Life Ambassador, and 3) Student Affairs Ambassador. These were added to gain more representation and collaboration between the University and the students. You may review and learn more about the changes in our online documentation.
Student Government Association funds bills based on the following criteria:
- A direct connection to the student body must be evident, by a student representative of the bill
- Must show evidence of lasting impact on campus be that within a club, the student body, or the school overall. The participating students should experience a benefit that will promote their individual growth
- The bill must align with the missions of the requesting entity as well as that of Western
- The purpose of the money must be an example of responsible spending
If you are interested in funding for programs please fill out the Bill Allocation Form so a bill can be written by a Senator. Bills will first be presented at the SGA Budget Meeting and then voted on by the SGA Senate at the following SGA General Assembly. For more information, please contact Scott Bird, vice president of internal affairs, at email@example.com.
Have you exceeded your 600 page printing allotment for the semester? You can do something about it! Fill out our Printing Request Form, and contact a member about attending our next meeting to petition for more pages!
Learn more about Western's Institutional Plan for Student Fees here.
More About Us
Student Government Association is responsible for the allocation of $342,000 in your student fees. Please feel free to review all of the Bills, Minutes, Constitution and Bylaws and give us your feedback. This is an organization that is here to represent the Student Body and we appreciate all direct feedback and comments.