The Escalante Complex is located at the top of the Western State Colorado University campus.
Each building in Escalante (Dolores, Colorado, Tomichi, and Crystal) has a Resident Assistant on each floor. These student leaders are here to help you do well while you are at Western, both academically and outside the classroom. They are all great resources if you ever have any questions about getting involved on campus, about academics, or about life in the Gunnison Valley.
College is an incredible opportunity for you to decide who you are and who you want to be in your future. You will be making many choices on your own for the first time, and all of residence life is here to help and guide you through this process. We encourage you to get involved on campus and in your floor community and truly take advantage of all that the college experience has to offer you. Keep your door open and you will meet tons of amazing people and have an incredible floor community. We are so happy to have you as our residents and are looking forward to spending a wonderful year with you!
Below you will find a description of the Escalante Complex
- Colorado, Crystal, Dolores and Tomichi Halls offer community-style living for approximately 320 co-ed students.
- Double occupancy rooms include carpeting, extra-long twin beds (80") that can be bunked, wardrobes, desks and chairs.
- Each floor has semi-private bathrooms (five rooms share a bathroom), a lounge with television and study area.
- Laundry facilities are available on the first floor of each building.
- A Western computer lab is located in Colorado Hall; additionally each room provides internet hook-ups.
Escalante Floor Plan
Typical Room Size 11' x 16'