If you need immediate crisis help, please call – 24-hours, seven days a week – our Crisis Line: 970.252.6220 OR 911. For suicide crisis help, you may also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800.273.TALKt(8255). En espanol: 888.628.9484.
The No. 1 cause of suicide for college students is untreated depression.
Suicide Prevention begins with knowledge. You can help save a life.
WHAT TO DO:
- DO listen and express concern in a non-judgmental way.
- DO take action! Get connected with professional help.
- DO ask questions openly: Do you have a plan to end your life? Would you talk with someone who can offer treatment or support?
- DO show that you care.
- DO take suicide threats seriously.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- DON'T keep it a secret.
- DON'T sidestep the issue or treat it lightly.
- DON'T leave the person alone.
- DON'T offer simple solutions.
- DON'T judge.
- DON'T offer or suggest drugs or alcohol.
- DON'T try to be a therapist. Get professional help.