Notice of Privacy Practices
|THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED, AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.|
Western State College Health Center and The Gunnison Family Medical Center are dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your health information. You are being given this notice as a description of our legal duties and privacy practices concerning your personal health information. In general whenever we need to release your health information, we must only release specific, limited information to achieve the purpose for which the information is being used or disclosed. According to federal law, and state statutes, as healthcare professionals, The Gunnison Family Medical Center must follow the privacy practices described in this notice.
We reserve the right to change the privacy practices described in this notice in accordance with the law. Changes to our privacy practices would apply to all health information that we maintain. If we change our privacy practices, you will be provided with a revised copy of the privacy notice at the time of your first visit.
We are legally required to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information.
- Provide you with a written notice that outlines your rights relating to your health information.
- To assist you in designating how your health information will be used & to whom it may be disclosed.
We do not need your authorization to release your information if it is released to:
- Provide treatment to you.
- Obtain payment for having treated you.
- Operate this facility.
- Any agency of authority that has the right to demand this information by law.
You have the following rights regarding your health information:
- To inspect, copy or ask to ammend your information.
- To restrict certain uses and releases of information, and to receive a list of releases.
If you have questions or wish to make a complaint regaring your health information, please contact the Office Manager. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
Contact: Office Manager
Address: 707 N. Iowa St, Gunnison, CO 81230