Transcripts and Transfer Evaluations
Requesting a Transcript from Western
Order your transcripts online through the National Student Clearinghouse. Requests submitted will be received for processing on the next business day. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. Expedited transcript requests must be received by 12:00 noon (MST) for same day processing.
Current Students may login to their student account to order or display their transcript.
To order a transcript:
- Login to your MyWestern account
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select Academic Transcript
- Order Transcript
Current Western students can print an unofficial transcript from his/her student account.
Former Students and Alumni:
- Go to www.getmytranscript.com
- Follow the online instructions and submit payment information. Payment must be made by credit/debit card.
If you do not have a credit/debit card to electronically submit a request, please contact the Office of the Registrar directly.
- 6.00 for a transcript picked up in 300 Taylor Hall or mailed through the Postal Service
- $32.00 for a rush transcript that will be sent overnight delivery. This fee includes the transcript price, a rush processing fee and the delivery charge.
- All student accounts with financial holds must be cleared before your transcript request can be processed.
- Orders not fulfilled within 30 days are automatically canceled. Keep this in mind when pre-ordering transcripts.
- Western will not send transcripts via email.
- Transcript fees are non-refundable.
- All processing times listed depend upon receipt of consent form. Please be sure to allow time for processing and mailing.
Transferring Credit to Western
Western accepts credit earned at regionally accredited colleges and universities. The Office of the Registrar will complete a course-by-course credit evaluation within 4-6 weeks of your admission to Western State Colorado University. Courses in which a ‘C-‘ or better was earned that are not remedial, preparatory, non-academic, or vocational should transfer.
Western will accept a maximum of 60 semester hours from all accredited two-year institutions, and a maximum of 90 semester hours from all sources (AP, IB, CLEP, two-year and four-year accredited institutions).
Students must complete a minimum of 30 semester credits in residence at Western State Colorado University including at least 15 credits in a major, 8 credits in a minor, and the final credit earned to receive a Baccalaureate degree from Western.
Western does NOT transfer grades as part of your academic record, only credit. Your grade point average will be calculated solely based on your performance in classes taken at Western.
Transferring from Colorado Schools
Western participates in Colorado’s gtPathways Program. For students transferring from another Colorado institution, gtPathways guarantees the transfer of statewide approved transfer courses and offer specific benefits for those completing an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree. Click gtPathways Program for more information.
Western has also developed Transfer Guides which can help guide course selection at Colorado community colleges.
AP (Advanced Placement), CLEP and IB (International Baccalaureate) Credit
Western recognizes that many students have challenged themselves in the Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs. Credit can be earned for AP exams, College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, and the International Baccalaureate (IB) program. Official score reports must be submitted for consideration from AP and CLEP. An official transcript must be submitted for consideration for IB credit.
The following links provide specific equivalencies for individual tests. A minimum score of 3 is required for credit to be granted for most Advanced Placement tests (some require a minimum of 4). Western will grant International Baccalaureate credit for tests with a score of 4 or better. Western will award a maximum of 18 credits for CLEP exams.