Spring 2015 commencement will be held on May 9, 2015.
SPRING 2015 Graduates:
Please be mindful of >>critical deadlines<< pertaining to graduation. Information is sent to your Western email early in the semester. Missing applicable deadlines may have an adverse impact on the conferral of your degree and/or your eligibility to participate in spring commencement activities. Any questions or concerns should be directed to Ginny Hayes, in the Office of the Registrar or by calling 970-943-2130.
Graduation is not automatic, it is a process. To best assist students in their progress towards receiving a degree, all students must complete an Intent to Graduate form when they are enrolled in their 89th credit hour (as a second semester Junior/first semester Senior). When submitting a request for an audit, remember:
- Major, Minor, and General Education required coursework must be from the same catalog year. A student may not work from multiple catalogs. Students may only work from catalog years of which they had attendance, keeping in mind that catalogs expire after six years.
- Students may elect to ‘update’ their catalog should newer curriculum better fit courses they’ve taken, degree plans, etc. (Again major, minor, and GE must all be updated.)
- Advisor(s) must verify, then submit students' requests for an audit (Intent to Graduate Form) to the Office of the Registrar.
- Students with more than one major must have an advisor from each major sign their audit request.
- Any incomplete requests received will not be reviewed until all of the necessary information is provided.
- Once a Degree Audit has been initially reviewed, it is expected that the student visit with their advisor to review the evaluation and plan their final semester(s) accordingly.
Finally, during the first two weeks of a pending graduate’s final semester, he/she must submit a Graduation Application through MyWestern under Student Records. This step is critical for graduation. Up until a student completes this step, he/she has not indicated any specified intention of finishing his/her degree.
Four-Year Graduation Plan
Interested in graduating in four years? Western has a plan for you! Click here for a detailed plan that will get you out the door in four.
Our next commencement will be held on May 9, 2015. When planning ahead, guests are encouraged to explore the commencement FAQs as they make preparations to visit the Gunnison valley to attend the celebration. On the Friday evening prior to graduation, a senior reception will be held in the University Center. This event is an opportunity for Western State Colorado University to recognize graduates for their achievements and provides family and friends a chance to mingle with faculty and staff.