Skip to main content

SGA Minutes: 2013-2014

2014 SPRING SEMESTER

April 30, 2014

April 23, 2014

April 16, 2014

April 9, 2014

April 2, 2014

March 26, 2014

March 19, 2014-Spring Break. No meeting.

March 12, 2014

March 5, 2014

February 26, 2014

February 19, 2014

February 12, 2014

February 5, 2014-No meeting.

January 29, 2014

January 22, 2014

Student Government Association-January 22, 2014 Meeting

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approval of Minutes

Motion- Dutton
Second- Amy

  1. Approval of Agenda

Motion- To add senator inductions
Second- Leonard
Motion- Add Fieldhouse Name
Second- Amy

  1. Guest Speaker

Leonard Silence

Nacarid- If we wanted to make fee increases we could?

Gary- Referendum would need to happen for those increases.

  1. Advisor Report

Gary- Pres. Will be coming in one this week and one next week in Rare Air Café from 1:15-2:30. Encourage students to be there! There will be contact info for additional questions. The trips will be very wide from community to administration. As much as we are deciding on them they are deciding on us too. There is a winter carnival in the park area (info coming soon).

  1. Advisory Reports

Katie- Love to have every one goes to both Friday sessions if possible. Very excited.

Amy- Tomorrow Word Horde has guest speaker and next Wednesday is their opener at the Brick.

Torie- Men’s B Ball will be traveling this weekend and W-Ball will be traveling too. T&F are going to Air Force Invite. Wrestling will be here (Mad Jack Night so dress up). S&D will be traveling and senior night will be on the 26th. Football- Lane was named as an All-American D-Back.

Trish- This weekend Hockey is playing here.

Nowlin- Dodge Ball has started.

Leonard- PC meeting time has changed.

Nacarid- Google docs and Retreat.

  1. Discussion Items
  1. Fieldhouse Name

Gary- We is going to be taking ownership of the building with in the next week. We will be getting equipment and such over the next month. Tour will be tomorrow and next Thursday at 4:30 and only a few spots available. We are hoping to open on the first of April. Only allow students, fac, and staff for Spring-Summer and then open it to the Gunni Community next fall.

Dutton- Will that go with the people that have already paid for the spring?

Gary- Yes. But not wide scale until later. And then setting rates and such. We do need to name the building. Three names have been forwarded: Mountaineer Fieldhouse, Mountaineer Activity Complex or Mountaineer Athletic Complex. We could go out and poll for a week and then report back and make a recommendation. We still have a little time to make it final though.

Dutton- I like the Mountaineer Athletic Complex. It just rolls off the tough a little easier. I think it brings everything again.

Katie- I’m fine with the MAC and I was at the counsel today and one said they were against it because it may be narrow.

Bryce- Interested to talk to the students more. I think as student leaders it would be hard to miss the student vs. student-athlete.

Emma- I think it would be good to talk to others. The MAC does roll well than the others.

Torie- So these are the final three?

Gary- Unless others come up.

Torie- I really enjoyed the sound of the field house.

Trish- I’m with Torie on calling it the field house and I just think the Athletic Complex is not as good.

Amanda- I feel like calling it the Athletic Complex means it was built for the athletes.

Saren- the Athletic Complex is good and field house is what we have been referring to.

Torie- I find a lot more of those better. Keeping the Mountaineer and the Performance Center.

Amy- Recreation center over athletics.

Gary- Whatever name is picked not everyone is going to like…. But at least getting one that most agree on.

Torie- Adams State calls theirs the Bubble.

  1. Action Items
  1. Senator Inductions
  1. Senator Reports

Saren- SAC met yesterday and chatted about a survey for the Fac & Staff. And most said they wanted to see more re-useable energy. Recycle Mania is starting… it is an 8 week process that happens.

Brianna- Second Western Knockout is next week. It’s a comp. between all of the various clubs. Next Wednesday at 7 pm.

Pat- Can we move meeting to Monday at 7:15?

Stefano- Tomorrow the Academic Resource Center is starting workshops and if you go for all three you can get certified and have a chance to

  1. Committee Reports

Nacarid- Cons. Will meet next week at 8 am on Tuesday.

Gary- Maybe getting someone to help with getting the old fitness up.

  1. Special Topics
  2. Remarks for the Good of the Order

Katie- I haven’t asked for a tour yet. But we need a day for it. It looks like Friday or Tuesday. Friday.

Gary- I forgot to mention about housing info sessions. Please get the word out about that.

Nacarid- We talked about the meeting on Feb.5th and if we should have a meeting. We wouldn’t have a meeting if there was no business and make sure to do reports.

  1. Late Roll Call
  2. Adjournment

January 15, 2014

2013 FALL SEMESTER

December 11, 2013

December 4, 2013

November 27, 2013-Thanksgiving Holiday. No meeting.

November 20, 2013

November 13, 2013

November 6, 2013

October 30, 2013

October 23, 2013

October 16, 2013

October 9, 2013

October 2, 2013

September 25, 2013

September 18, 2013

September 11, 2013

September 4, 2013

August 28, 2013

Error | Western State Colorado University

Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.