“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” –Jawaharial Nehru
Studying abroad can be the experience of a lifetime. You will meet people from all over the world, be exposed to new and interesting customs, maybe learn a new language, take courses not available at Western, and gain the broadened perspective only living and studying abroad can offer. All of these experiences will boost your self-confidence, flexibility, and decision making skills, as well as give you an experience that sets you apart from most students.
Studying Abroad through Western
Western State Colorado University has consortium agreements with many study abroad providers offering programs all over the world. When a Western student studies with one of our affiliate providers the transfer of credit is guaranteed and courses can be taken abroad that will fulfill major and minor requirements here at Western. Students may have access to financial aid, loans or scholarships they are receiving through Western when studying with an affiliate provider.
Western's Affiliate Providers
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- Arcadia University
- Academic Program International
- Globalinks Abroad
- Cultural Experiences Abroad (CEA)
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Institute for Global Education
- Semester At Sea (SAS)
- 2.5 GPA Minimum (some programs require higher)
- 24 Western Credits Complete
- Full Time Enrollment at Western the Semester Prior to Exchange
- Good Standing with Student Affairs
- Student seeking a degree from Western
How do I get started?
- Visit affiliate provider web sites.
- Meet with your Study Abroad Advisor, pick up catalogs on various programs, and learn about the application process.
- Talk to your Academic Advisor about the timing, credit transfer, and type of program you would like to particiapte in.
- Do your research and decide on a program that you would like to participate in and apply to. It is best to apply for a program at least one semester prior to when you want to study abroad.
- Meet with Financial Aid to discuss payment options.
Visit the Western Study Abroad Office located in University Center 118b and learn why students who study abroad say that it is "the best thing I ever did in college!"
For more information please email the Study Abroad Advisor, Jessica Vogan at email@example.com.