Incoming NSE Students

When do I find out if I get in?

Students who will be coming to Western State Colorado University (Western) on a NSE exchange will be notified of their acceptance by their home NSE coordinator after the annual March conference.  If you are applying after the March conference Western still accepts students to come on Plan A and depending on availability on Plan B.

What do I do once I am accepted through NSE to Western?

Once you are accepted you should be contacted by your home NSE advisor.  You will need to fill out a Placement Acceptance Form (PAF) and send it to the Western NSE office.  Once the office receives your PAF we will process you as an incoming NSE student.  You then will be receiving an e-mail from Western's NSE coordinator.  This e-mail will detail everything you need to be doing in preparation to coming to Western for the Fall, Spring and/or Summer semesters.  You can begin by requesting an official transcript from your home institution and sending it to:

NSE Office
University Center 118
600 N. Adams St.
Gunnison, CO 81231

How do I register for classes?

Once you've been accepted to participate in NSE through Western you will receiving information about how to register for classes.  Registration will begin in April for the Fall semester and in November for the Spring semester.  You can begin looking through course schedules as soon as they come online.

What are my housing options?

You have a choice to live on campus through our Residence Life office.  You can look at your many options on their website.  You can also live off campus.  The best way to begin looking at your options for living off campus is to review our Gunnison County Shopper.  There are many listings of rentals off campus through this paper.

*Links on these pages to non-college sites do not represent endorsement by Western State Colorado University