National Student Exchange
The National Student Exchange (NSE) program provides opportunities for you to study at another college or university in the U.S., U.S. territories and Canada! You can be on exchange for up to a year.
Western State Colorado University has an application process that includes at least the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Full-time enrollment at Western State Colorado University the semester prior to exchange
- Completion of 24 Western credits prior to exchange
- Cumulative 2.5 GPA (4.0 scale) or better at time of exchange
- Good standing (academic, personal, and financial)
- Student seeking a degree from Western
What do I need to do to participate?
First meet with the NSE Coordinator for instructions on how to get started. Please call Katie Wheaton at 970-943-7056 to set up an appointment. You can begin the application process using our NSE Checklist, you may look through your exchange options online at the NSE website.
There is a $200 non-refundable application fee due upon submission of your application.
If you are an instate student you will pay either your normal Western tuition or the instate tuition at where you go! If you are an out of state student you will pay your tuition to Western. For more information see the NSE website on Financial Matter$.
Application Process and Deadlines
You can obtain an application from the NSE office, located in the Academic Resource Center, Taylor Hall 302. Submit your application, with a $200.00 non-refundable application fee, and schedule a meeting to complete the application process. If you are under 21, your parents need to sign the application.
- Application: Pick up an application in the NSE office (Academic Resource Center, Taylor Hall 302) or download it here! Application needs to be turned in to the NSE office.
- Deadline for applications for Spring 2015: Please contact your NSE advisor ASAP for information about deadlines.
- Deadline for applications for Fall 2015 & Spring 2016: Friday, February 27th
- Mandatory Meeting: There will be a mandatory meeting for all students who are accepted to participate in the NSE program.
For more information email Katie Wheaton at firstname.lastname@example.org.