Welcome to Disability Services (DS). The DS office coordinates support services for students with documented disabilities. We offer a variety of resources and accommodations to assist students as they pursue their academic goals. While providing a supportive environment, we encourage students to develop independence and to take responsibility for their academic experiences. Support services are determined on an individualized basis.
Students requesting accommodations for a disability will complete a three-step interactive process:
- Complete the electronic Request for Disability Accommodations (or print and mail/fax in the PDF version),
- Provide disability documentation, and
- Attend an in-person intake interview the first week of classes (or when submitting information).
Accommodations are personalized for each student and his/her needs for access to Western's education, and will be finalized upon completion of the intake interview.
If you need assistance with any electronic form and/or would like a form mailed to you, please contact our office at email@example.com or 970-943-7056.
Letter to Parents
Jane Jarrow is a leader in the field of Disability and Higher Education, and has a wonderful letter to parents ready to sent their students to college. Enjoy this great letter here: Jane Jarrow Letter to Parents
- Handbook - A resource of Disability Service's information about accommodations, documentation and policies.
- Admissions - Connect to Western State Colorado University Admissions.
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education - US Dept of Education.
- ADA.gov - Americans with Disabilities Act homepage.
- heath.gwu.edu - Online clearinghouse on postsecondary education for individuals with disabilities.
- doit @ washington.edu - Resources and information for persons with disabilities from the University of Washington.
- thinkcollege.net - College options for people with disabilities.