Welcome to Disability Services (DS). The DS office coordinates support services for students with documented disabilities. We offer a variety of resources and accommodations to assist students as they pursue their academic goals. While providing a supportive environment, we encourage students to develop independence and to take responsibility for their academic experiences. Support services are determined on an individualized basis.
Students requesting academic accommodations OR academic and housing accommodations for a disability will complete a three-step interactive process:
- Complete the electronic Request for Disability Accommodations (or print and mail/fax in the PDF version),
- If you are only requesting accommodations for housing, including Emotional Support Animals, please visit this page.
- Provide disability documentation, and
- Attend an in-person intake interview the first week of classes (or when submitting information).
Accommodations are personalized for each student and his/her needs for access to Western's education, and will be finalized upon completion of the intake interview.
If you need assistance with any electronic form and/or would like a form mailed to you, please contact our office at email@example.com or 970-943-7056.
Letter to Parents
Jane Jarrow is a leader in the field of Disability and Higher Education, and has a wonderful letter to parents ready to sent their students to college. Enjoy this great letter here: Jane Jarrow Letter to Parents
- Handbook - A resource of Disability Service's information about accommodations, documentation and policies.
- Admissions - Connect to Western State Colorado University Admissions.
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education - US Dept of Education.
- ADA.gov - Americans with Disabilities Act homepage.
- heath.gwu.edu - Online clearinghouse on postsecondary education for individuals with disabilities.
- doit @ washington.edu - Resources and information for persons with disabilities from the University of Washington.
- thinkcollege.net - College options for people with disabilities.