Career Services Events
Career, Job & Internship Fair
2015 date TBD • 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. • University Center Ballroom
For Students (all majors and grade levels at Western):
- Network with professionals
- Find internship opportunities.
- Explore summer 2014 job openings.
- Full-time professional employment opportunities for graduating seniors.
- Don't forget to dress professionally and bring copies of your résumé.
- Click here for the brochure and instructions on how to register!
- Market your company and profession.
- Recruit students for career, job and internship opportunities.
- Interact with young professionals.
- Sponsor a table at the Etiquette Dinner (view additional information by clicking on the "Etiquette Dinner" tab on the top of this page).
- Click here for a Campus Map
- Click here for a list of Accommodations and Restaurants in Gunnison
Registration Fees for Employers: Professional Career, Job & Internship Fair (April 3, 2014)
- $75 per professional company seeking full-time employees in a professional setting (two recruiters).
- $25 per organization or seasonal employer seeking interns or summer employees (two recruiters).
- Includes 8-foot table, wireless access, continental breakfast and lunch.
Register Online through Careers for Mountaineers
Etiquette Dinner (2015 Date TBD) (See additional information on tab at the top of this page)
- $195 per table
- Includes: Dinner and seating for two recruiters
Want to brush up on your interviewing skills? You have the following options:
1. Set up either an in-person or phone, one-on-one mock interview with Mariah Green, Western's Career Services Coordinator. The Mock Interview can be scheduled at a time that is convenient for you. Call 970-943-7122 in order to schedule an appointment.
2. During the Fall and Spring semesters Career Services offers Panel Mock Interviews. The panel incorporates a variety of professional staff and offers feedback from a wide audience - very similar to what you might get when attending a real interview. This is a great opportunity for students from all majors as you will attain feedback from 3-4 people from different backgrounds and disciplines. Be advised that you are required to reserve your spot ahead of time and dress professionally for your mock interview. Call 970-943-7122 in order to reserve your 20 minute time slot.
Fall 2014 Panel Mock Interviews will be offered during the following days and times:
Your interview time will be a 20 minute time slot
Wednesday, October 8th from 10:00 am - NOON
Wednesday, October 8th from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Spring 2015 Date TBD
University Center Ballroom
Employers want to observe candidates in social situations to see how you conduct yourself. Lots of positions require a certain standard of conduct with clients, coworkers and superiors. You could be critically scrutinized on your table manners and conduct. One specific instance in which candidates are under the microscope is interviews. In many cases, interviews can last for several hours and extend through mealtimes. The employer often hosts you for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. The meal is a time to visit and interact. The Etiquette Dinner is a great way for you to make your first professional contacts while getting familiar with dining in a formal setting. Professional attire is required.
Steps to register for the ETIQUETTE DINNER:
First establish your account or login using the Careers for Mountaineers database. After you have successfully logged in or created your account for the first time, click on the link at the top of the entire program that says "Career Events". Select "Career Fair" and hit "Search". Click on "Etiquette Dinner" and proceed with registration. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mariah Green at 970-943-7122, email@example.com.
- Click here to view the Career, Job & Internship Fair and Etiquette Dinner brochure.
- Network with Western State Colorado University faculty and staff.
- Recruit students for career and internship opportunities.
Registration Fees for Employers
- Register online through Careers for Mountaineers.
- $195 per table (includes dinner for two recruiters).
- Etiquette Scholar - Includes international dining etiquette, toast and toasting, eating everything from artichokes to watermelon, tipping etiquette, tea etiquette, and much more.
- From Diner's Digest:
Career Related Workshops
Each semester Career Services offers in-class presentations related to the job search process, LinkedIn, resumes, cover letters, interviewing, and more. Please check back for an updated list of workshops.
5 mintue Résumé Reviews
Thursday, Oct. 9th
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
University Center 1st Floor
This non-formal resume review incorporates just giving you a quick 5 minute session on how you can strengthen your resume! Feel free to bring a copy of your resume with you, or just stop by for some basic tips.